My Sims 3 game keeps freezing and crashing?

by keilijolly

Original Post

My Sims 3 game keeps freezing and crashing?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am getting so, so, so frustrated! Well basically my Sims 3 game would crash to desktop after 15 minutes or so of playing, saying Sims 3 has stopped working, and then I tried to do everything that anyone told me. I contacted EA three freaking times, nothing helped. I tried what other people tried, no luck. So I uninstalled ALL of my games and then reinstalled them in the order or release, which I heard I was supposed to do. This took like, 4 freaking hours! So then I go into my game and about 10 mins into Create a Household it will freeze completely! The first time it did it I had to unplug my computer and then I went back into the game for the second time, thinking it would be okay now. But NOPE! Frozen again. So I did ctrl+alt+delete and went to task manager, which took me to desktop and THERE. IT. WAS. THE UGLY LITTLE MESSAGE SAYING 'Sims 3 has stopped working' then it closes. Now I'm suspecting it may be my computer, but I'm not sure. My game is up to date, I have to store content new patch. I have no CC or anything. Why does this keeping happening? I'm playing on a Windows 7 computer, I'm not sure how old it is exactly, but it's got 2.00 GB (1.75 usuable) RAM, 32-bit Operating System, and 145 Processor 2.80 GHz. Whatever that is. Is this good enough? I'm currently saving up (slowly, ha) to buy a new laptop, specifically so I can play my games, but is it my computer? SOS SOMEONE HELP! 
P.S. I have tried in windows mode too!

Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing and crashing?

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)