My Sims 3 World Bundle Won't install.

by josiec990

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 3 World Bundle Won't install.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, today I purchesed sims 3 world bundle in the physical. It includes Hidden Springs and Monte Vista. I followed the steps to install it. Once I had finished I went onto my sims 3 but it wasn't there. It came up but it said I had to purchse it for 2,000 points at the main screen. Surprisingly there was no code in the cover and no manual. But there was a code but that only unlocked a chocolate fountain. I've been sitting here for about two hours installing it and uninstalling it waiting for it to come up. Please help!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6 (13,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 3 World Bundle Won't install.

Hero (Retired)

FAQ world  guide http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911 inculdeing common issues and what to do

Hidden Springs

The world can either be bought through Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

Hidden Springs is probably the most difficult to redeem if you bought the disc version (available also in the world bundle). The retail version does contain a disc but there's not much on it (the world sure isn't).  To make it even more confusing, when redeeming the code or going through the install process, for some the world isn't added to your purchase history but you get Simpoints credited to your account. You can then use to those to buy the world here: Hidden Springs. It doesn't matter that it says it costs 2000 SP on the page. If you got 2450 SP credited, that's what it will cost. The disc version is only for the world, there's no extra Simpoints. You can also only use those for the world itself and not buy something else.

There seem to be disc version around that give you a code that add the world directly to your purchase history. So if you don't get Simpoints, check there.

Monte Vista

The world can either be bought through a Simpoint Bundle, on Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

The disc version actually contains the sims3pack file but you'll still need to register since the file itself needs an account activation. After inserting the disc, a wizard will guide you through the process. The world should then be copied directly to your downloads folder from where you can install it through the launcher. If not, you can download it from your purchase history or through the Webpage: Monte Vista

The code comes on a leaflet inside the DVD Box. You can also redeem the code directly, following the Origin instructions above without inserting the DVD.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (13,987 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

FAQ world  guide http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911 inculdeing common issues and what to do

Hidden Springs

The world can either be bought through Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

Hidden Springs is probably the most difficult to redeem if you bought the disc version (available also in the world bundle). The retail version does contain a disc but there's not much on it (the world sure isn't).  To make it even more confusing, when redeeming the code or going through the install process, for some the world isn't added to your purchase history but you get Simpoints credited to your account. You can then use to those to buy the world here: Hidden Springs. It doesn't matter that it says it costs 2000 SP on the page. If you got 2450 SP credited, that's what it will cost. The disc version is only for the world, there's no extra Simpoints. You can also only use those for the world itself and not buy something else.

There seem to be disc version around that give you a code that add the world directly to your purchase history. So if you don't get Simpoints, check there.

Monte Vista

The world can either be bought through a Simpoint Bundle, on Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

The disc version actually contains the sims3pack file but you'll still need to register since the file itself needs an account activation. After inserting the disc, a wizard will guide you through the process. The world should then be copied directly to your downloads folder from where you can install it through the launcher. If not, you can download it from your purchase history or through the Webpage: Monte Vista

The code comes on a leaflet inside the DVD Box. You can also redeem the code directly, following the Origin instructions above without inserting the DVD.

Message 2 of 6 (13,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 6 (13,030 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your very welcome Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (13,028 Views)

★ Novice

i only got 200 some sim points im really confused i bought it in download version but only got a chocolate fountain ur info helps but i still dont get it i cant get to my purchase history cause all i got is order history and im confused how do i find the odes all over again i put them in  and then left the page but cant get back and now i am sitting here nearly to tears cause i used my own money on this im angry and confused.what do i do?

Message 5 of 6 (11,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

hi there the code for worlds are redeemed on your the sims 3 account once the code is redeemed on the sims 3 account you go to the sims 3 purchase history to download the world to your launcher then you install it in the launcher ( in the downloads tab on the launcher )

if you click on this link http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911  a little bit further down is an explanation of how to redeem the codes  if bought hidden springs thats the tricky one because sometimes they add the points to your simpoint balance and those points can only be used for to buy that world and you buy that world with the points or they add the world to your the sims 3 purchase history (and no points ) then you just download the world from there

do you know how to find your purchase history on the sims 3  ?

edit typo

Message 6 of 6 (11,152 Views)