Re: My Sims 3 Game wont start

by crinrict

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game wont start

★ Novice

My Sims 3 game wont play. I Purchased it along with 3 stuff packs and Pets online via Origin. I have downloaded and installed all games and expansion packs. When i press play in origin it opens up the launcher, i press play in the launcher and after a few minuets a message come up saying " There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your connection is active. If problem persists try again later" It has been doing this for few few days now and i have tried a few dozen times. I'm veryy annoyed as ai purchesed the games for my little brother for his birthday lastweek and was expecting to have them playing by now.

Please help me!

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (557 Views)

Hero

Make sure no firewall or antivirus is blocking the connection to Origin.

Turn it off to test if it works without the firewall. If it does, turn it back on and add Origin as an exception.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (553 Views)

★ Novice
Spoiler

Just tried that and it doesn't work.

Message 3 of 7 (547 Views)

★ Novice

Now my origin is offline and wont go back online. I am connected to the internet. I have turned my pc off then on again but it wont go back online

Message 4 of 7 (543 Views)

Hero

EA seems to be having server issues atm (again)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (541 Views)

★ Novice

Any other suggestions as i still have the same problem.

Message 6 of 7 (515 Views)

Hero
  • Clear the Internet Explorer Browser Caches
  • Run Origin as Administrator
  • Contact Customer Support so they can look into your account if there's a problem

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (511 Views)