My Sims 3 Game won't let me log in from the launcher

by Babyjean1998

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game won't let me log in from the launcher

★★★ Newbie

I registered my game on about two of my friends computers and it seemed to work just fine. When I downloaded the game on my computer and registered it, it worked OK as well. But when I try to log into my account from the launcher it won't let me. Worst part, I just bought and downloaded a World (Monte Vista) to my account on the website, and I have no clue how to get in onto my game on my computer. Someone please help!

Message 1 of 13 (6,365 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Game won't let me log in from the launcher

Hero

What error message are you seeing ? Or just an endless loop ?

Did you uninstall the games from your friends computer ? Are they using your account or did you install from disc ?

Monte Vista is a Store World and as such, it should show up in your purchase History to download and install through the launcher: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah. Its looping. I log in and then it gives me a distorted page telling me that I am offline and that if I'm logged in, I would refresh the launcher. When I do, it just loops over again. Please respond, I have the patch downloading and opening in about an hour.

Message 3 of 13 (6,290 Views)

Hero

Make sure the following program are up-to-date

- Origin
- Java
- Flash Player
- Adobe Air
- Windows

If that does not help, try clearing the Internet Explorer Browser Caches.

Also make sure no AntiVirus program is blocking the connection. I would get that the other day when EA had server issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (6,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue. But when I try to log in it just shuts my game launcer down completely. What can I do?

Message 5 of 13 (4,136 Views)

Hero

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (4,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did it all step by step but the problem still remains. Everytime I try to log in at the launcer it just shuts the launcer down.

Message 7 of 13 (4,119 Views)

Hero

Can you play your game if you don't log in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (4,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I'm trying to get it to work without the disc through Origin.

Message 9 of 13 (4,110 Views)

Hero

Not so sure you need to login the launcher even if you have the download version. 

You do need to login in Origin but not the launcher (I think, not using Origin myself)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (4,107 Views)