My Sims 3 Game stopped working,

by katardo13

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game stopped working,

★ Novice

I'm having problems with my Sims 3 Game. My Sims 3 game was good before, until last weekend. I have no idea what happened, I know for sure I didn't do anything with my Sims Game. 

I had Sims 3 for a year now. When I try to download some custom content, it will say, "Unable to start game." then some other numbers on the bottom of it. 

When I try to start my game, a black screen will appear and won't start it. I've reinstalled three times, and it won't work at all. 

Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Game stopped working,

Hero

Did you try removing the custom content ? Sounds like you downloaded something incompatible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)

★ Novice

I've deleted some custom content that I recently downloaded around that time it stopped working. I tried uninstalling my custom content on the Sims 3 Launcher & it would say the same thing. I recently bought "Get Together" for the Sims 4 from Origin or EA. My friend thinks it has something to do with that certain expansion pack. I'm really worried I might have to buy a new laptop if I can't figure this out.

Thanks for responding too, really appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Sims 4 expansions have nothing to do with Sims 3.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)