Re: My Sims 3 Game Keeps Freezing in Create a Sim

by Alexia2413

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 3 Game Keeps Freezing in Create a Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I recently bought, downloaded, and installed the Sims 3 supernatural and Showtime. After I did so I was unable to play. When I tried to play my old games that I had, it would work really well and have very fluid movements and beautiful picture  like night and day from my old computer to my new one, but then the game would freeze and then crash. And also when I try to create new Sims, the game works for a while and I'm able to edit the clothes, sometimes all the way to swimwear, other times I can barely even get through to the formal, then the game freezes and crashes. I've installed and redownloaded mutiple times to try and solve the problem. I have even taken out all of my custom content, and uninstalled supernatural, but it still runs like crap. I have invested a lot of time and money into these games, not to mention computer space, and I would be very grateful if it would just work properly. Please help. 

I bought my computer September 22, 2012.

It is a Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM

I have Windows 7 

All the expansion packs

None of the Stuff packs

A ton of custom content, but none that is currently in the game. 

DxDiag Stuff:

ime of this report: 10/9/2012, 17:29:48
Machine name: ALEXIA-HP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Presario CQ57 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.50F.33
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1900MB RAM
Page File: 2772MB used, 3321MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_3672103C&REV_09
Display Memory: 821 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 693 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: SEC315A
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.987Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2696 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2696
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/19/2012 23:31:56, 8087040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4246-11CF-0479-7816A9C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0106
SubSys ID: 0x3672103C
Revision ID: 0x0009
Driver Strong Name: oem18.inf:IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.0:iSNBM0:8.15.10.2696Tongue outci\ven_8086&dev_0106
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

Message 1 of 19 (49,536 Views)

Accepted Solution

My Game IS FIXED and works like a dream (For Now)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did the steps to my computer that I posted. For a while I could get up to 3 hours of game play, but then I decided to stay off the computer for a while, so it stayed shut down for about a week. Then once I tried to get back on to pay a bill, my computer wouldn't go to my desktop! The entire thing crashed and I ended up backing up my files and then deleting EVERYTHING off of my computer by restoring its factory settings. Basically it ran a scan for maybe an hour or two, then options popped up for me to choose from, and I chose to restore it. It finally went back to my desktop after a while and I had to install almost 100 updates (no joke).

I also took out one of the 4gig ram strips that I had originally installed because I felt like my computer was struggling to handle its Max amount of ram. So I put back in the factory 2gig ram and one of the 4gig ram strips that I purchased from crucial.com. But anyway the most important part is, my games. Okay so I downloaded and installed each expansion pack IN ORDER and let the update individually. Also download them ONE AT A TIME. Even though if you have the downloaded versions, treat them like you have the discs, because you can do the discs one at a time right? Just be patient Wink

After each installation and update of the expansion pack and launcher, I played for about 30 minutes or more. Because of how before I changed the settings, it would crash after 30 minutes. So my logic was if the game is still broken, it  will crash after or before 30 minutes of gamely.  I also created 2 or 3 families without any problems, one family being supernatural.

Just about all my games, including Seasons, I bought from Amazon, but since I registered my games, I installed them all through Origin, except the base game, because I forgot origin will download and install the games for you. Honestly  I suggest doing it this way. I suggest it because Origin does all the work for you, unless you have special preferences then you just have to personalize your origin settings, and it only took about 30 minutes or less to download each expansion pack. Plus it helps ensure that you game is updated. Because when I was downloading and installing manually, through Amazon, my game didn't update like it did when I used origin. It updated after I installed the base game, after generations and supernatural, but with origin, each expansion pack had an update, and believe me when I tell you it made all the difference. So my game is fixed ( for now) and I really hope it stays that way. EA says that you can install in any order, but I personally believe they still need to be installed in the order they were released.

***Sidenote I suggest using Origin for updates, downloads, and installations, but 99.9% of the time you want to buy your games for Amazon.com (if you didn't already know). On there you can get the games really cheap because they have awesome sales. In fact, I was able to purchase Seasons for $20****

This is the list in order if you need it:

The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Pack The Sims 3 Seasons - Coming November 13, 2012

I got it from this site:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/technicalhelp/installorder.php

But if installing in order and using Origin didn't help, try the steps posted. It helped my game, but in the long run it crashed my computer because I had downloaded the EPS all at the same time. Like seriously. I had literally 7 or 8 downloads going at one time, and then I just installed the ones that got done first NEVER DO THIS. NEVER. Also if you still need help, try this site:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-20...

Personally, I don't recommend going to other sites and downloading mods and things to help the game unless you are For Sure For Sure, that you trust the site, because doing those thing could completely destroy your computer. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to ask me. I will help you the best way I know how. Happy Simming!! Oh and Merry Thanksgiving as well :D

View in thread

Message 16 of 19 (17,819 Views)

Re: My Game IS FIXED and works like a dream (For Now)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Simmers!! Its been almost a year since I was having all the problems with my game and it is still working great!! I've had a few crashes here and there, but everything is good. I'm really not sure how much the information has helped anyone. Or if it has helped anyone at all, but like I stated before, I think installing your games in order is what will make or break your game (literally). 

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (15,557 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You say that you have a ton of custom content but it is currently not installed in your game? Your issue seems like the freezing is being caused by faulty leftover create-a-sim parts. If you've already done a thourough cleansing of removing all custom content including hair, skins, eyes, accessories, make-up and clothing then you will need to remove the remnants of these files.

Make sure that your game and launcher are not running. Game is up to date, current patch is 1.39

Next

Delete the Cache and Clean Up Your Game This will eliminate remnants of uninstalled items that can cause problems from corrupt or outdated data. 

It's okay to delete all of the following files from your game:

Go to your game folder and delete

CasPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

SimCompositorCache.package

Go to your Thumbnails folder

delete everything inside that folder

Go to your Content Patch Folder,  then click on Downloads

delete any file that has " .part"  in it. Any file with that extension is an old partial update. 

Windows users only may also delete items in the World Cache folder. If you don't see this folder, you just don't have any other worlds installed. 

Still having problems?

1. Be sure that your Launcher and game are not running.

2. Back up your files by copying your game folder and pasting it somewhere else, like your desktop. 

3. Go to the DCCache folder. Remove these files before you try your game again: dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx

4. Rename DCCache folder so the game will be unable to recognize the folder and move it to your desktop.

5. Create a New Folder and call it DCCache

6. Copy and paste the *.dbc files from the old DCCache folder that you moved to your desktop. 

7. Load Launcher to confirm the files can be read, and that content is listed in the Installed Content tab

8. If yes, load the Sims 3 and start a NEW game (because your other content is not restored, yet)

9.Save and quit your new game.

10. Copy over the .ebc file from your old(moved to the desktop)DCCache (this is your EA Store items) to the DCCache folder in your game files, Then delete from your desktop, the old DCCache folder. 

11. Restart your computer.

12.Load the launcher and try your game again.

Message 2 of 19 (49,289 Views)

Hero

For all EPs and SPs, your computer specs are very low.

While you do have a dual, you only have 1.5 ghz also the RAM is very low with only 2 Ghz (Windows alone uses almost as much. There's no info about your graphic card but I think you should look into something a lot better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (49,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your answer but my computer is not even a month old, I am not buying another new one anytime soon especially not just to play sims. Also on my old computer and my sister's older computer (before it broke) we had the game and it worked great, A few minor things here and there but never anything like this and it was all the same brand of computer. The computer I have now is the upgraded version of the of both our older computers. So I know the problem isn't the brand, and specs, it is definitely the game. 

Message 4 of 19 (49,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks!! I'll try this and let you know!!

This didn't  fix the problem. 

Message 5 of 19 (49,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay so it still is doing the same thing. I load the game, click on create a household, and then I start editing a sim then it freezes then crashes. But something I did notice was that some of my custom content has registered as EA sim store content and its still in the game. So I looked in my downloads folder but of course its empty, so some how my custom content has become part of the game. So how do I take it out? Do I need to uninstall then reinstall to get the game back to just a completely unedited version? Do you think this is why my game is running so bad because my custom content has embedded itself somehow?

What I did from here was start the launcher and clicked run without custom content. The game loaded way faster and I can edit sims a little more now, but I still cannot make families. I was also able to play a premade household, but my game is still freezing and then crashing in Create a Sim. I guess I'll just wait until there is a new patch and hope it fixes the problem because I honestly do not know what to do. Plus I haven't gotten a repsonse in days, so either that or stop buying and playing the games all together. 

Message 6 of 19 (49,270 Views)

Hero

Custom Content is installed in the folder DCCache. *.ebc files are store content, *.dbc third party content.

In the launcher you need to uninstall from the installed tab simply deleting the files from downloads does not rid them from the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (49,245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay thanks. 

Message 8 of 19 (49,242 Views)

My Game is still crashing in Create a Sim, and after about thirty minutes of game play.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had posted a question before but I never got any solutions. I upgraded my ram ( I added 8gb) but the game is still doing the same thing.  While the game is running it does run more smoothly, but like I said it still crashes in create a Sim, and after limited game play. I have no custom content or music installed either. 

I have all of the expanison packs except for Seasons.

No stuff packs.

No Installed custom content

Updated game. 

This is a link to the first question I asked.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/My-Sims-3-Game-Keeps-Freezing-in-Create-a-Sim/m-p/99390#U99390

I would really like to play. Its updated, patched and all that stuff, so does anyone know what to do?

Dixdiag Updated:

system Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/2/2012, 13:02:59
Machine name: ALEXIA-HP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Presario CQ57 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.50F.33
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8044MB RAM
Page File: 2025MB used, 14060MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_3672103C&REV_09
Display Memory: 1760 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: SEC315A
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.987Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2696 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2696
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Date/Size: 3/19/2012 23:31:56, 8087040 bytes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4246-11CF-0479-7816A9C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0106
SubSys ID: 0x3672103C
Revision ID: 0x0009
Driver Strong Name: oem18.inf:IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.0:iSNBM0:8.15.10.2696Tongue outci\ven_8086&dev_0106
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0270&SUBSYS_103C3672&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6287 (English)
Date and Size: 1/11/2011 19:56:00, 2709224 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Cap Flags: 0x1
Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Description: Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Capture: No
Default Voice Capture: No
Cap Flags: 0x1
Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

-------------------

| |

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 174.4 GB
Total Space: 286.2 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9320325AS

Drive: D:
Free Space: 1.6 GB
Total Space: 14.8 GB
File System: NTFS

Drive: E:
Free Space: 1.1 GB
Total Space: 4.1 GB
File System: FAT32

Drive: Q:
Model: n/a

Drive: F:
Model: hp DVD-RAM UJ8B1
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

--------------

Message 9 of 19 (49,086 Views)

Re: My Game is still crashing in Create a Sim, and after about thirty minutes of game play.

Hero

Do you have a switchable graphic card in there cause that graphic chip barley meets the specs. If you run more then 1 EP, it's probably the issue for your problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (49,047 Views)