My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing In Create A Sim/Household

by emanorth98

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing In Create A Sim/Household

★★★ Newbie

So I recently got  new laptop and it was working fine when I had The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Ambitions installed. See, it worked with almost no problems on my old laptop an HP, but now I have and Acer. Whenever I got into CAS mode, I can do most of the basics like change the body tyoe, skin tone, change the face, but whenever I go to clothing or pre-made sims it will crash. I only  have 11 Sims 3 games and they are all the same ones as they were on my HP. 

Here they are:

• The Sims 3
  • The Sims 3 Ambitions
  • The Sims 3 Pets 
  • The Sims 3 Generations
  • The Sims 3 Late Night
  • The Sims 3 Master Suite
  • The Sims 3 Seasons
  • The Sims 3 Showtime
  • The Sims 3 Supernatural
  • The Sims 3 Town Life
  • The Sims 3 World Adevntures

I also plan on aquiring the Sims 3 University soon, the last expansion I want before the Sims 4 comes out in 2014. Please help! Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (11,696 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Game Keeps Crashing In Create A Sim/Household

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (11,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having similar problems, though I only have the base game, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, and Supernatural installed. I have no custom content other than a few objects and clothes from the EA store.]

More details about my computer
Component Details Subscore Base score Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 7.7 5.9   Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.8 Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 6.6 Gaming graphics 1760 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6 Primary hard disk 288GB Free (373GB Total) 5.9 Windows 7 Home Premium
System  

Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.   Model CM6731_CM6431_CM6331   Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM   System type 64-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 4 Storage  

Total size of hard disk(s) 913 GB   Disk partition (CStandard smile 288 GB Free (373 GB Total)   Disk partition (DStandard smile 540 GB Free (540 GB Total)   Media drive (FStandard smile CD/DVD Graphics  

Display adapter type Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000   Total available graphics memory 1760 MB         Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB         Dedicated system memory 0 MB         Shared system memory 1504 MB   Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2669   Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024   DirectX version DirectX 10 Network  

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller   Network Adapter Linksys AE2500

Message 3 of 8 (11,483 Views)

Hero

Try lowering your graphics settings. What is the date of the driver of your graphics chip ? May need updating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (11,473 Views)

★ Novice

how do you lower your graphics settings

Message 5 of 8 (11,173 Views)

Hero

You start the game, go to your options and choose the graphics tab. There you slide everything to the minimum and turn off mirror reflections.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (11,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, I have a new Alienware laptop that should be more than able to handle the graphics for sims 3 yet it constantly crashes. The one time I finally did get through making a sim her skin was pitch black except fpr her face and her thumbnail photo was extremely warped.

Message 7 of 8 (9,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you using any custom content in your game ?

What's your graphics card and are your drivers up-to-date ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (9,665 Views)