Re: Moving a Sims 3 game I created in one computer to another computer

by HannahAlex31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving a Sims 3 game I created in one computer to another computer

★★★ Newbie

I installed the game on my laptop and started a new game. When I returned home, I want to use my home pc to continue the game, but I can't find a way to move that game from my laptop to my home pc. Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 5 (69,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Go to

documents\electronicart\sims3\saves (path may vary depending on your operating system)

you'll find your save game (it's a folder) in there. Copy this folder to an external drive or a memory stick and place it to the same path on your other computer. If you're not playing one of the standard worlds, make sure the world you're using is also installed on there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (82,777 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Go to

documents\electronicart\sims3\saves (path may vary depending on your operating system)

you'll find your save game (it's a folder) in there. Copy this folder to an external drive or a memory stick and place it to the same path on your other computer. If you're not playing one of the standard worlds, make sure the world you're using is also installed on there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (82,778 Views)

★ Novice

Do you have to copy the whole save folder or just the world you want?? I'm trying to do the same, moving from desktop to laptop. The game I'm trying to move tho has 2 extra expansion packs more than my laptop. Will that give me an issue??

Message 3 of 5 (68,963 Views)

Hero

Only carry over the stuff you want to keep. More EPs is usually not an issue, less is for existing games.

Here's an explanation of the user files: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (68,957 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I had the same question and am able to find the file. I was wondering if you could move the folder onto the external hard drive instead of copying each time so that the saves go directly to the hard drive every time you hit save or if this will mess up the system?

Message 5 of 5 (43,673 Views)