Re: Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven and Baker Station issue!

by SimmerLovingJewl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven and Baker Station issue!

★★★★★ Novice

I am really angry right now because both things were 20.00 dollars and that's 40.00 dollars all together, plus tax about 44 or 45 dollars. Anyways so I was placing the oven and baker station and it said "No interaction available" I thought you had to have a higher cooking skill but I maxed it out and it still didn't work. Okay, so I deleted the caches, I have ccmerged in my overrides and dcbackup, I have the store fix and nothing is working! 90% of the reason I got the packs was for the two objects. Can someone PLEASE help me. I am seriously desperate and I tried everything that any forum I could find. Please help! I just wanna play my game with those 2 objects WORKING.

Message 1 of 8 (2,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @SimmerLovingJewl,

Let's try to fix this, ok? First of all, have you also tried to uninstall Monte Vista, download it again from your Purchase History, and install it again?

You could also try to create a clean user files folder and install it there. If it works, we can move your save games, although you will need to install your other downloads again also:

1. Close the launcher completely
  2. Go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  3. Rename The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 old
  4. Open the game once, and close it when you get to the main menu
  5. Download Monte Vista again and install it
  6. Open your game and try the objects again

Does it work now?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,976 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @SimmerLovingJewl,

Let's try to fix this, ok? First of all, have you also tried to uninstall Monte Vista, download it again from your Purchase History, and install it again?

You could also try to create a clean user files folder and install it there. If it works, we can move your save games, although you will need to install your other downloads again also:

1. Close the launcher completely
  2. Go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  3. Rename The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 old
  4. Open the game once, and close it when you get to the main menu
  5. Download Monte Vista again and install it
  6. Open your game and try the objects again

Does it work now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (2,977 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much you're the best person in the world, it works like a charm. Do I rename it back to "The Sims 3"? Will that get my cc back? Its not a big deal if I dont get my cc back but it would be nice.

Message 3 of 8 (2,898 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @SimmerLovingJewl,

I'm glad to read it works! You will need to copy some files from The Sims 3 old to the new The Sims 3 folder that the game created to get your save games and other things back. Please, copy these files and folders:

• Options.ini
  • UserPresets.package
  • PassportData.package
  • ChallengeData.package
  • Collections
  • CurrentGame.sims3
  • Custom Music
  • Exports
  • Recorded Videos
  • SavedSims
  • Saves
  • Screenshots

Regarding your custom content and other The Sims 3 Store content - did you have other Store content installed? Do you usually delete the file from the Downloads folder when you install your custom content?

-Mai

Message 4 of 8 (2,891 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Um sorry to annoy you but it's not working anymore.. ever since I got back the cc. Should I just delete my cc?

Message 5 of 8 (2,874 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @SimmerLovingJewl,

Don't hesitate to ask as much as you need Standard smile

There seems to be a compatibility issue with one or more of your custom content items. If you don't mind removing your custom content, I would do that. Otherwise you would need to install your CC, some items at a time, until you find out which is the item(s) causing the problem.

Let me know if you have any other question Wink

-Mai

Message 6 of 8 (2,866 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alright, I deleted my cc its working fine now. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (2,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai I tried this... it doesn't work at all now I have to download all my content again ... sucks
Message 8 of 8 (2,080 Views)