Monte Vista Disc won't install

by radd88

Original Post

Re: Monte Vista Disc won't install

★★★ Newbie

kathyr25 -- You are a life saver!! I was so upset that I purchased this disc and it wouldn't install.  I followed your instructions and all is good Standard smile

Message 11 of 47 (2,046 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This helped me thanks man.

Message 12 of 47 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YOU ARE MY HEROOO!!!!!! <3 XOXOXOX

Message 13 of 47 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG!!!  Thank you so much!!!  I was going batty trying to figure out how to get it installed!

Message 14 of 47 (1,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem Frown

Message 15 of 47 (1,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried what you siad and yes it is now in my purchase history but it wont download. when I click on download nothing happens.  What now??

Message 16 of 47 (1,818 Views)

Hero

Try the suggestions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 47 (1,813 Views)

★ Novice

hay i did what you said to do and it said i had in stalled it but when i went to the menu of sims3 and looked down the lists of towns to go to it never showed? i even got hidden springs and did everything you said yet on the menu of sims3 where you can pick the towns nither of them showed up. is there away to install sims3 with out haveing to login to this account or to that origin? i remeber the sims2 never did this, you never had to login to an account you just bought the game and put the code in and that was it as easy as pie, but this whole logging in thiing is just killing me, i just want to play the game without being onine or logging in just so itll play. can you help me? i just want the game installed without so much hassle.

Message 18 of 47 (1,768 Views)

★ Novice

It won't work for me! I just want it work so I can play in the beautiful world! HELP ME!

Message 19 of 47 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@kathyr25 wrote:

I had the same problem with my Disk install. The Disk itself is useless. What you need is the 16 digital code from inside your box.

While trying to instal the game the game launcher would NOT give me the screen to add my serial number that came with the disk. I finally got it to install by following these steps.

1. Log into sims3 account online.

2. go to My Store Account https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

3. Choose "Redeem a Code"

4. Enter 16 digital code from store disk and click "redeem"  button.

5. Go to Purchase History http://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html

6. Download Monte Vista

7. Go to game launcher downloads section and install Monte Vista

Hope this helps someone else down the line.

Wow I should have thought of that! Thank you SO much! It worked fine for me! LOL had bought two game discs and had the same problem! I had returned the first then decided to check on here for help. I felt a face palm moment thinking I should have thought of this!

Message 20 of 47 (1,645 Views)