Re: Mods never install!

by Bunnic

Original Post

Mods never install!

★★★ Newbie

I have tryed multiple times to install mods from the sims 3 exchange and it allways says (you must install the proper expantion packs) or (requires missing expantion packs).

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd need more info to help you. What content from the exchange are you trying to install, what EPs, stuff packs, and store content do they require, and which EPs and stuff packs do you have? If you don't have the expantion pack (IE: Supernatural, Generations), and the content is an item from one of those games, you can not download it until you buy the expantion pack.

Message 2 of 4 (157 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am trying to install some clothing. I have late night, high end loft and seasons. but I checked, and the mods only require the base game.
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

try to install something else as a test. some custom content from the exchange is glitchy some times. 

And I need to ask this as well; are you going into the downloads button on the launcher and installing it there? or are you going right into the game without doing that? If that's the case, then that might be the answer. If you do check the download button in the launcher, and they're not showing up at all, then I don't know. In the later case, could you please provide the URL link to the content you're trying to download? I'll try to install it on my computer and troubleshoot it.

Message 4 of 4 (139 Views)