Re: Missing Golden Llama glitch

by rumbutter

Original Post

Missing Golden Llama glitch

★★★ Newbie

This glitch has been around since ambitions apparently from the looks of it.  There is an opportunity call something along the lines of "the case of the missing golden llama" in which you have to go to the town hall to investigate.  Once you do, it does not complete, but the jingle for completing an opportunity plays....NONSTOP.  Not even exiting and re-entering the game or clearing the cache will stop it.  I had to restart my game because of this.

Why, may i ask, is this glitch still here if it's that old, and probably simple to fix compared to other fixes/patches?

Message 1 of 5 (7,565 Views)

Hero

The AnswerHQ is about users helping users, so no one here can answer you the questions why it's still in the game.

Did the oppportunity still show as open ? If so, simply remove it and the sound should go away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (7,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ooh, ok, maybe i can find another way to ask EA.  i don't know if that works or not though, i avoid the opportunity like the plague now.

Message 3 of 5 (7,553 Views)

★★★ Novice

The first few times I played this game I did the quest glitch free. So, what happened? Now I have the glitch. Surely there is another fix somewhere that does not require me to restart the game. Clearing out the quest does not stop the jingle. Is there a way to keep the quest from showing up in the first place?

Message 4 of 5 (6,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MisfitLynx wrote:

The first few times I played this game I did the quest glitch free. So, what happened? Now I have the glitch. Surely there is another fix somewhere that does not require me to restart the game. Clearing out the quest does not stop the jingle. Is there a way to keep the quest from showing up in the first place?

nope just when it pops up cancel it out something too goes weird with if you have generations the free weekend the adults get i turn that one down too when it pops up and a showtime one  if a played  sim passing by a magician gets the music "stuck" to them

if you have cancelled the opportunity from the opportunities bar and you still hear the music/jingle  make sure your not playing the game and completely shut the game down try clear the cache files

to delete the cache files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

edit typo

Message 5 of 5 (6,264 Views)