Major Freeze/Crash

by kelkin26

Original Post

Major Freeze/Crash

★ Novice

I have all of the Sims EPs up to Supernatural and some of the SPs installed on my brand-spanking new computer.

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

-Inspiron One 2330

-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

-Memory: 8192MB RAM
-Available OS Memory: 8072MB RAM

-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

-1696 MB

-Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

-Shared Memory: 1632 MB

-Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

However, my game is crashing. Sometimes in CAS, sometimes thirty or forty minutes into gameplay, or sometimes right after I try to move a family in. THe screen will either lock up completely or take me to my desktop with the message that the Sims 3 has stopped working.

I have been working with EA customer service and all of their solutions have yet to work. I've tried lowering my graphics options and my screen resolution. I've tried uninstalling the base game and downloading the latest patch after reinstall. I've tried putting the Sims in the DEP section. Nothing has worked. I've come back to these games after a long break and would really like to start playing them again. Please help. If there are any suggestions or ideas, I'll try them. 

Message 1 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: Major Freeze/Crash

Hero

Your brand new computer has a integrated graphic chip that does not meet the minimum requirements of the game. Unless you have a switchable graphic system in there, the 64 MB of dedicated memory you have in there is not enough. You need at least 256 MB (which is still too low in my opinion).

If you have all the EPs, including Pets which is very heavy on the graphics, this is probably your issue.

Don't know what else could be causing it if you've gone through all the check lists and removed all custom content and mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)