Mac

by GGAndrews97

Original Post

Mac

★ Novice

I had a pc, with a disk slot and I had sims 3 and sims 3 pets. Now I have a mac which dosent have a disk drive- is there anyway of downlading it- or do I have a pay to download it?? 

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (219 Views)

Re: Mac

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

yes there should be i'll post this in the helpers corner for our mac/player helper to assist with instructions on how to if any  , they won't be online until later though as they live in a different timezone

edit typo

Message 2 of 10 (216 Views)

★ Novice

How will i get the answer??

Thank you so much Standard smile

Message 3 of 10 (212 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

the helper will reply here to you here in this your thread

Message 4 of 10 (210 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GGAndrews97 wrote:

I had a pc, with a disk slot and I had sims 3 and sims 3 pets. Now I have a mac which dosent have a disk drive- is there anyway of downlading it- or do I have a pay to download it?? 

Thanks Standard smile

Hi

You can download the Mac version of Origin, then register or "redeem" your game codes within Origin. You will then be able to download the games for free.

To download and install games through Origin

Download and install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. If you already have Origin on your Mac but are having problems with downloading or installing games, delete the client and download a new copy (this sometimes fixes issues with downloading). The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there. For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Are you running anti-virus software or any clean-up applications? If so, disable these, as they might be deleting files that Origin needs. A fast, stable internet connection will also help you.

Caspin

Message 5 of 10 (205 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you. This has helped so much, however once on orgin, where do I go from there?? Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (202 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

hope this helps the origin version of your mac when download and you log in from the desktop shortcut icon of origin there with your email and password you used for the account  it may look like this for mac

edit to add two images the second image is the my games tab

Message 7 of 10 (195 Views)

★ Novice

Yep thats helped, but when i type in the code, it says that the code has already been used?

Message 8 of 10 (188 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll post a message to caspin to assist further

Message 9 of 10 (184 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GGAndrews97 wrote:

Yep thats helped, but when i type in the code, it says that the code has already been used?

Hi

When you look at "My Games", is The Sims 3 already there? If so, you may be able to commence the download. If it is not there and the code will not be accepted, then you may need to contact EA's Customer Services so that they can look at your account and either unlock your code or maybe give you a new one.

Caspin

Message 10 of 10 (176 Views)