Mac Exception Raised

by CutieHan96

Original Post

Re: Mac Exception Raised

Champion (Retired)

@tombromley123 wrote:
Will u lose all progress????

@tombromley123

You have your own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Exception-Raised-notice-on-a-mac/m-p/2835808

If you have further questions or issues, I'd suggest continuing in your own thread to avoid duplication and confusion.

Message 81 of 89 (3,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

[POSSIBLE FIX] Guys, I read from another site that if you go to your Electronic Arts folder in your documents one, and change the first character to an "_" (it should look like this: "_lectronic Arts") it should work. It has worked for me, but lately, a new Electronic Arts folder keeps creating itself and I am searcing for a solution for it. However, just try that and cross your fingers that it works.

Message 82 of 89 (3,662 Views)

Hero

@Nidalsa55a Could you please change your username for security reasons. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 89 (3,660 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac - Exception Raised Error

★★★ Newbie

this is my same exact problem! did you ever figure it out? it had been driving me crazy for hours!!!

Message 84 of 89 (3,619 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac - Exception Raised Error

Champion (Retired)

@kennedytess wrote:

this is my same exact problem! did you ever figure it out? it had been driving me crazy for hours!!!

Hi

Are you getting the exception raised error? 

If so, see the tips below.

Tips for Mac simmers

Unfortunately a lot of TS3 players encounter problems when playing the game on their Mac. These can include crashing and freezing. A lot of these issues can be avoided or at least improved by the following measures.

Firstly, manually reset your RAM while playing. See BluebellFlora's guide on how to do this: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

I restart my computer before I play TS3. Close down other things that are running in the background. The memory used as seen in Activity Monitor is at about 3GB after the restart. If I open the Launcher it goes up to around 11 GB (that's all I've done - just opened the Launcher!). At this point I reset the RAM. Then I hit play and get through the opening sequence. I then press cmd-return to put the game in windowed mode from time to time while playing (and always before saving or using CAS). That way I can keep an eye on the memory and reset RAM if necessary. Being in windowed mode also allows you to close the game using force quit if it freezes up - it's better to crash the game than your whole computer.

Second tip is to save frequently. I save at least once per sim day. Use the option to Save or Save As, rather than the combined Save and Quit.

Make sure you are patched up to date. The 1.63 patch included fixes for Mac simmers that did actually improve the stability of the game on our operating systems, so it is well worth updating to at least that level. The current patch is 1.67.

The game runs better if you switch off the memories system and disable the in-game Store and social features.

For general advice, information and tips on how to play TS3 on a Mac, read BluebellFlora's guide here: http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-play-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/

Caspin

Message 85 of 89 (10,453 Views)

★ Novice

i have the exact same problem.  nothing i try works.

has anyone tried reformatting their mac?  i just bought my mac so i'm willing to do it if you even can do something like reformat a mac...

it looks like everyone has problems after custom content?

they should take that **bleep** down or put a big warning sign on the exchange saying MAC USERS HAVE HAD THEIR GAME EXPERIENCE COMPLETELY RUINED AFTER DOWNLOADING FROM HERE. 

seeing how far back this thread goes, (and how recent) it really doesn't look like they are going to do anything,

is there legal action we can take?

i mean, they DID specify on the box (i bought from store) it's compatible with MAC, all of the system requirements are MORE than met on my brand new macbook and yet it doesn't **bleep** work! what the hell!

i, too, have spent hundreds of dollars on SIMS and they act like they don't give a **bleep**.

does windows pay them to do this?

Message 86 of 89 (3,381 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And here we all are, more than 2 years later without a word from EA as to how this can be solved permanently. Remove content, restart your mac... etc etc. All temporary solutions, and none very satisfactory. 

I for one will not be buying another sims game from EA because of their lack of ethics in dealing with this and the very frustrating Error 12. Ignoring us, not being honest and never ever providing a proper solution. It's shameful really, that they have gotten away with it. 

I feel frustrated, disgusted and disappointed with the Sims developers and creators. In what is otherwise a brilliant game, these serious issues sadly let us gamers down and make me feel distrustful of anything you make in the future. Sort it out... for the sake of your reputation, if for nothing else.

Message 87 of 89 (3,278 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am also having this problem but with Supernatural it started just in game but now if I even try to click the box to disable custom content from the launcher it does it too. Help would be appreciated this is very annoying I have several saved games that I don't want to just lose by reinstalling which will take forever and lots of Internet!
Message 88 of 89 (3,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi guys,

please try all the suggestions already given in this thread. Since we're users here trying to help, there's not much more we can do than to give the solutions we know.

If nothing help, open your own thread, giving as much details as possible on what you've tried and also your computer specs.

*Locked*

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 89 (3,203 Views)