[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 Island Paradise

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When i load the game i get a pop up saying the game disc isn't inserted even though it is. Does anyone else have this problem? If so how can i fix it? 

Message 31 of 248 (10,503 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 248 (10,490 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm trying to use it with a mac. 

Message 33 of 248 (10,483 Views)

My sims 3 Nightlife won't load properly

★★★ Newbie

After the most recent patch whenever I try to play the game it'll load until it gets to the menu page. Then a box pops up. It keeps saying it cannot verify the disc. This is the same disc I've used for ages. What's going on?

Message 34 of 248 (10,500 Views)

Re: My sims 3 Nightlife won't load properly

@JayLiTargaryen

What computer are you using?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 35 of 248 (10,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A Macbook Pro

Message 36 of 248 (10,486 Views)

@JayLiTargaryen

Thought so. I'm moving this thread to the stickied disc error thread. Please read the opening post for help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 37 of 248 (10,480 Views)

@forcoders

Moving your post to the stickied thread relating to this issue. Please read the opening post for help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 38 of 248 (10,682 Views)

Why does it say that it can't find the cd after loading?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

After launching Sims I go through the regular steps without trouble; Click the play botton, go throughthe loading process.

However after arriving at the menu where you chose if you want to start a new game or restart an old one a pop-up screen appears that says that it can't find the CD and that I should put it in to proceed, even though it was just fine when I clicked the play button. The pop-up screen has only one way to exit: clicking the check mark which closes the game and needs to be reloaded.

I have tried a lot of things to make it work; checking the system requirements (I have Mac OS X El Capitan), REDOWNLOAD ALL MY GAMES and checking for problems in CD-tools.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that theres something wrong with my CD drive (which is connected by USB as Mac mini doesn't have a CD-drive of it's own). But that would be weird as it gets past the play-button and it worked just fine before.

I've had this problem once before, but it disappeared as soon as I downloaded a new expansion pack.

My other problems before this problems occurred where:

- Pets looking stretched

- game crashing when active sim being a pet and me telling it to do something.

Please help!

P.S: Sorry for ant weird describing of the game. I'm from Sweden and therefore my game is in Swedish which makes it hard to describe as it limits my knowledge of the English terms in the game

@alexandrawik I have moved your post to the stickied thread relating to disc error problems on Macs. Please read the first post for the workaround. (BluebellFlora)

Message 39 of 248 (10,677 Views)

[Mac] No Disk Found After Loading Screen The Sims 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I've been playing the Sims games since Sims 2 and I've always had little problems. But I just re-installed all of my Sims 3 on my Mac (in this order) The Base Game, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Showtime, University Life, and finally Island Paradise. At first when I was trying to play my game I would try and start it and it said "Unknown Error Occurred" and wouldn't open. So I uninstalled Island Paradise and that was why it wasn't opening... BUT now I open it and it will get to the Families screen and there's a message that pops up and says 'No Game Disk Found! Insert The Sims 3 University Life to Proceed' (but I can see the Families behind the message). HOW DO I STOP THIS? I've made sure I have the right disk in and the disk IS IN. 

UPDATE 1 HOUR LATER 

Now it's saying Disk Authorization Failure Insert The University Life Disk. 

@natgrace3 I have moved your post to the sticked thread relating to this issue. Please read the opening post and follow the links to fix the issue - BluebellFlora.

Message 40 of 248 (10,680 Views)