MY GAME DOESNT LAUNCH!

by eg_moneyy

Original Post

MY GAME DOESNT LAUNCH!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

PLEASE HELP ME!
My stupid game doesn't launch and it always does this stupid thing where I open it and then nothing happens! I have looked at like five videos on how to fix this, and none of the dang things worked! It also always has this dialog box that shows up and says do I want to debug or something like that and no matter which answer I click it closes the dang installer! Please! Help me! Its depressing when you haven't been able to play your favorite game of all time for like two freaking months!

edit for readability and removal of personal image

Message 1 of 23 (487 Views)

Re: MY GAME DOESNT LAUNCH!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@roberta591       please and thank you in advance

edit tag isn't working

Message 2 of 23 (464 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eg_moneyy If I am to help you I need some background information. Is your computer a pc or mac? What is the operating system of your computer? What is the version of the game? Does the launcher open? All these questions are important to start helping you because each could lead in a different direction. Thank you

Message 3 of 23 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@roberta591

i have a Mac OS X 10.6.8. As for my version of the game, well, my computer always launches the game using whichever expansion pack I downloaded most recently, which currently is university life (about 2 months ago) The launcher does not open but the icon always shows up as open on the Dock when I click it, if you know what I mean. Sometimes it will just stay like that with the little white oval under it forever untll I close it and sometimes it just closes after about five seconds. You know what I mean?

Message 4 of 23 (438 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eg_moneyy Do you have Origin installed?

Message 5 of 23 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yea but most of my expansion/stuff packs are on discs except for about 2 of them

Message 6 of 23 (423 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eg_moneyy Please tag the person you want to respond otherwise we don't know if you post (@user). Do you have el capitan? There has been changes in the drm. I'm not real good with macs. Does the game appear in Origin? Right click the game icon and you should see all the packs you own.

Message 7 of 23 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that happened to me once but diffrent, i would launch the game and then log me out of the game then when i tried to go back on it it wouldnt load at all, i fixed it by re installing the game and its fine noe, try it if you havnt allready

Message 8 of 23 (405 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@eg_moneyy I run my games off a pc. If you right click the game icon in Origin there should be an option to repair the game. Is your game fixed now?

Message 9 of 23 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 i dont know what version i have. I am not sure what a DRM is. and yea the games appear on origin (or at least the ones I registered)

Message 10 of 23 (389 Views)