[MAC] the sims 3 into the future problems with origin

by MKBSimmer

Original Post

[MAC] the sims 3 into the future problems with origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have the base game and late night and high end loft stuff i also purchased roaring hights and into the future i downloaded into the future but still hadnt installed it because i was updating the sims 3 i then installed and updated all the other expansions except for roaring heights and into the future then i came to install into the future and it said play instead of install....so now i cant unistall it cause its not there when i tried uninstalling it from the sims 3 uninstaller.....now i dunno what to do?!!

im using a mac btw

Message 1 of 19 (1,670 Views)

Re: [MAC] the sims 3 into the future problems with origin

Champion (Retired)

Hello

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

There are two things you can try.

1.Go into Applications on your Mac's hard drive and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

Caspin

Message 2 of 19 (1,651 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Into The Future

★★★ Novice

i have done all three steps and still the same thing i have uninstalled the sims 3 and expansion packs for this reason more than 5 times and still the same thing my probklem is a bit different tho when it gets to 32/77 it stops and starts taking up space until there isnt anymore space so my macbook air has to shut down ofcoarse i keep retrying to install it but i no longer leave it to make my mac shut down i know force quit the installer after waiting for some time this topic is from 2013 were now in 2014 EA should have fixed this problem by now but they haven't Confusedmileyfrustrated: so please help me!

Message 3 of 19 (1,651 Views)

Hero

@MKBSimmer Merged your post into your older thread.

Did you try the suggestions Caspin gave above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi

no i just uninstalled the sims 3 base game and reinstalled so i no longer have that problem but now when i click install  it starts installing then it stops at about 32/77 and says 11 or 13 seconds left and stays there forever im not sure if its taking up my space because im now installing all sim stuff on an external hard drive so it could be taking up space of the external hard drive but its not taking space from my mac....i searched alot for a solution for this problem and didnt find any i found alot of ppl who have the same problem but there arent any solutions and if there are then the solutions dont work for me and the problem is still there my mac is updated to the latest and sims is updated to 1.67.2.0 by a patch also i no longer have late night and high end loft stuff installed and i just tried opening the sims 3 base game and it says error occured......problems just keep popping up

Message 5 of 19 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

upcoming news i installed the sims 3 late night and high end loft stuff and now sims is working Confusedmileyvery-happy: but into the future still has the same problemConfusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 6 of 19 (1,618 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi

In general, the game does not always work well from an external drive. It might work, but if you continue to have problems then this may be part of the issue. Do you have enough space on your internal hard drive for the game? If so then I would install it there.

How long are you waiting for the installer before you give up on it? Sometimes it looks stuck but then if you leave it alone it will suddenly start moving again. Obviously if you've left if for half an hour and no progress then it really is stuck, but give it a little while.

If you have uninstalled a few times it is possible that there are old files left behind that are conflicting with your current installation. It is also possible that one or more of yoru downloads are corrupt.

I would recommend that you cleanly uninstall the TS3 game and associated files from your computer, then install the base game and patch it with the manual superpatch. Instructions for doing this correctly are below in sections 1 and 2. If you wish to use Origin, also see the additional guidance in section 3 below.

Caspin

1. Clean uninstall and reinstall

When you uninstall TS3 games on your Mac using the uninstaller, the game leaves behind stray files and isn't completely removed from your computer. These files may conflict with future installations. It is best to completely remove them. BluebellFlora's website provides a guide on how to do this:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

After cleanly uninstalling, install the base game and patch it up to date. If you cannot update via the Launcher, download and apply the latest cumulative manual patch (called the superpatch) for Mac. Be sure to choose the right file - there are various 'regional' files for disc-users and one designated region 7 for Origin-users.

Check that your game works properly. Then install any EPs and SPs that you own, in order of release date.

2. Further information on the cumulative manual superpatch

Many simmers find that patching their game via the Game Updates tab of the Launcher does not work properly. It is then better to download and apply the manual superpatch. It is important to download the Mac version rather than the PC version, and to pick the right one for your region. Be aware that if you are using a disc you need to choose the correct 'regional' file but if you are using digital download through Origin then you should use the file designated 'region 7'.

Instructions and the links to the downloads can be found in the Mac section of the forums at thesims3.com here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

If you use any mods or custom content, be sure to remove them before patching.

3. Using Origin to install games on Mac

Download and install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. If you already have Origin on your Mac but are having problems with downloading or installing games, delete the client and download a new copy (this sometimes fixes issues with downloading). The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there. For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Are you running anti-virus software or any clean-up applications? If so, disable these, as they might be deleting files that Origin needs. A fast, stable internet connection will also help you.

Message 7 of 19 (1,603 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok thanks i will try this and get back to u on the results

Message 8 of 19 (1,601 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey

Alright i have followed every step and done them but i cant test if this will work or not because into the future is saying its installed when its not AGAIN!!!

I'll go back to what u said when i stated this problem and tell u what happenes after i follow those instructions

thanks for hanging in there with me

Arsysimmer:catwink:

Message 9 of 19 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi...again

so i tried both steps and still the same thing so im going to do a clean uninstall then ill reinstall and hopefully hopefully hopefully it will work

ill get back to u when the results come out

Arsysimmer:catwink:

Message 10 of 19 (1,595 Views)