Re: cant play sims 3 after update

by caitlinridsdale

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] cant play sims 3 after update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So i have the sims 3 disk and i installed the game on my Macbook Pro and tried to update it through the launcher it didnt work and would stop half way through after research i found that people recommended doing the super patch instead. I downloaded the super patch and installed it and it patched fine but then i went to open the launcher and it said unknown error and closed. I am not sure what i did wrong can anyone assist me? Thank you
Caitlin

Message 1 of 5 (179 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

hi, thank you for answering, 

Im in Australia and the launcher says its region 2 which is world wide so i clicked on the patch for reigon 2 is that correct? it was from the sims 3 website http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page but when i updated it and clicked on the sims 3 icon it appeared down the bottom in the bar and then it said  unknown eroor and closed and i tried to open the original sims 3 icon and it opened but i hadnt updated and it said 1.0.631.00002.

Do you think this is fixable?

thank you

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (162 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

i'll post this in the helpers corner to see if our mac player/helper can assist you no idea what time they'll be at as they live in a different timezone but you will receive a reply

Message 2 of 5 (176 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@caitlinridsdale wrote:
So i have the sims 3 disk and i installed the game on my Macbook Pro and tried to update it through the launcher it didnt work and would stop half way through after research i found that people recommended doing the super patch instead. I downloaded the super patch and installed it and it patched fine but then i went to open the launcher and it said unknown error and closed. I am not sure what i did wrong can anyone assist me? Thank you
Caitlin

Hi Caitlin,

When you open the Launcher, what is the patch number now? If it is 1.67 then you are updated correctly - a lower number would mean that the patch didn't work. Are you absolutely sure that the superpatch file that you downloaded was the Mac version rather than the PC version and also that you picked the right type for your region?

Try the steps under 'primary things to try first' on the main Mac help thread here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

Message 3 of 5 (164 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi, thank you for answering, 

Im in Australia and the launcher says its region 2 which is world wide so i clicked on the patch for reigon 2 is that correct? it was from the sims 3 website http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page but when i updated it and clicked on the sims 3 icon it appeared down the bottom in the bar and then it said  unknown eroor and closed and i tried to open the original sims 3 icon and it opened but i hadnt updated and it said 1.0.631.00002.

Do you think this is fixable?

thank you

Message 4 of 5 (163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you, i figured it out!!

haha because i uninstalled the game again after it didnt work i installed it again just now, and i found the folder the SIms 3 in my applications in Finder and dragged it to my desktop then did the patch and it worked perfectly, that must have been why it wasnt working.

Thanks anyway 

Caitlin

Message 5 of 5 (148 Views)