[MAC] Sims 3 not working on El Capitan

by pince1357

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 not working on El Capitan

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have recently started Beta testing the Mac operating system El Capitan on my computer and have the issue that whenever I open my Sims 3 game I get to the neighbourhood screen and a pop up says that my game disc is not in the drive with two options 'Retry' and 'Cancel', it is and other discs work fine, if I select retry the message comes up again and cancel exits the game. Help!

Message 1 of 7 (1,976 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 not working on El Capitan

Hi @pince1357,

Please note that OS X El Capitan is Beta software and it's not finished. Things can go wrong and some apps and games can show weird bugs or errors. It's highly recommended not use beta OS X versions in your main Mac.

I'd suggest trying uninstalling the latest EP/SP you have installed then download the digital version via Origin. - Thanks @Bluebellflora for the tip!

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 7 (1,960 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately Origin is refusing to go online Frown so I think that in the mean time I will probably just install all my discs onto parallels and play the Sims there.

Message 3 of 7 (1,938 Views)

@pince1357 wrote:

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately Origin is refusing to go online Frown so I think that in the mean time I will probably just install all my discs onto parallels and play the Sims there.

Yes, this is because Origin is not supported in El Capitan. You could wipe your HD and reinstall Yosemite. Do you need to run El Capitan or have you just downloaded the beta to see what it's like? If you only have one Mac it really isn't advisable to download betas, especially of operating systems, as no 3rd party software will be compatible with it, and we are only on the second release so far. It's going to be buggy.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 7 (1,931 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest EP and it does not work, so it may be the OS still working out a few bugs

Message 5 of 7 (1,433 Views)

[ Edited ]

@soxfan1990

This thread relates to the beta versions before general release. Are you having problems with the beta or the official release? Most people are actually managing to play TS3 and TS4 in El Capitan. What Mac do you have?

When you uninstalled the EP did you get rid of all the residual files relating to that EP or did you just uninstall using the uninstaller? Did you then download and run the digital version of patch 1.67?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 7 (1,427 Views)

★ Novice
I have an iMac 27", can't remember what year it is but I got it the first year they came out. I have the current Sims 3 patch (1.67.2.024001), updated the OS to El Capitan, have moved the TS3 folder- didn't do anything-, tried uninstalled and reinstalled Island Paradise and STILL isn't working.
Message 7 of 7 (1,192 Views)