[MAC] Sims 3 University Life quit unexpectedly

by cutiesimmmer

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 University Life quit unexpectedly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the High End Loft Stuff EP, Latenight EP, Seasons EP, and Pets EP. Once I installed University Life, a message would pop up saying my game quit unexpectedly and I couldn't even play it once. Since I couldn't play at all, I uninstalled Univesity Life. I read somewhere that University Life didn't work for someone until they unistalled Seasons. I then uninstalled Seasons, and reinstalled University Life. The same message continues to pop up. How can I play Sims 3 University Life?!?!

Message 1 of 5 (553 Views)

Re: Sims 3 University Life quit unexpectedly

Hero

At what point do you get the message ? Does the launcher start ? Does the game itself start or is it a certain savegame that gives you troubles ?

Does the game stil work with Uni uninstalled ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Launcher does start but as soon as the game is about to start-up, the message pops up. I have a Mac and all my other expansion packs work with University uninstalled.

Message 3 of 5 (539 Views)

Hero

I'll forward to our mac helper then.

I can't help myself since I don't know much about macs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (536 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 University Life quit unexpectedly

Champion (Retired)

Hello

Can you provide some specs for your Mac - just the basics will do, like how much RAM do you have?

Also, are you installing these games from discs, from digital downloads through Origin, or a combination of these?

What is your game's patch level and do you have any mods or custom content?

Have you tried the steps under "primary things to try first" in the main Mac thread here: 
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

This will allow a fresh game folder to generate, so we can do a quick check to see if that works - it's quicker than uninstalling everything, although that may be necessary if this doesn't work.

Caspin

Message 5 of 5 (528 Views)