[MAC] My Sims 3 game wont open after launcher

by bedeel

Original Post

[MAC] My Sims 3 game wont open after launcher

★ Novice

This is a brand new mac and it meets all the requirements to play the game, so I don't know what the problem is. After I click play on launcher, this blue screen comes with a green plumbob but nothing happens after that. Sometimes the game crashes immediately, but usually the blue screen just stays there and nothing happens after. That leaves me no choice but to force quit, but after I do that, it won't let me start up the game again and a pop up message says something like "can't open game while it's still running" since I didn't properly quit it. So then I have to restart so I can try launching it again. It worked a couple of times but crashed about 10-15 minutes into the game play. I don't know what to do. Please help me out pals! 

Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

Re: [MAC] My Sims 3 game wont open after launcher

@bedeel

What Mac do you have? If you have a Mac with any of the following graphics the game is not compatible:

• Intel Iris (Late 2013 and onwards Retina 13" MacBook Pros, entry level iMacs and entry level 15" MacBook Pro)

• Intel HD 6000 (Early 2015 model MacBook Airs)

• AMD Radeon R9 M370X (Mid 2015 high spec. 15" MacBook Pro)

You can try the workaround here, using the relevant details for your graphics card.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)