(MAC) Dragon Valley not showing up

by Nat2217

Original Post

(MAC) Dragon Valley not showing up

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I have been through nearly all the threads and forums to do with Dragon Valley not working/installing/loading, but none of the answers in them seem to be working for me.
I have installed Dragon Valley from the disk. I have been to the Sims3 website and redeemed the code. Dragon Valley shows up in my purchase history. I have downloaded it from my purchase history and selected the downloaded DV file on the launcher under 'downloads' and clicked 'install'. It has installed through that. I have installed it multiple times.  I even uninstalled and re-installed it. I am running the game off the Supernatural disk (I know it doesn't run off the DV disk). When I get to the main menu, I click 'new game' but 'Dragon Valley' doesn't show up in the drop down town menu. If I go into another town like Moonlight Falls, I can't find any of the DV content/items/dragon eggs etc. I have followed all the FAQ answers and all the instructions in the forums and threads. I've tried all of these suggestions multiple times. I've deleted folders and re-installed stuff, I've copied folders. I've made sure everything is saved in the right place on my computer. I have the latest version/patch. I really don't know why it's not working.
I'm playing on a Mac.
Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (170 Views)

Re: (MAC) Dragon Valley not showing up

Champion (Retired)

Hi Nat

I'm sorry to say that this seems to be an increasingly common problem, particularly with worlds. I'm not sure why. You may already have tried this but if not then see this excerpt from BluebellFlora's blog:

Downloaded content not showing up:

If your Store downloads aren’t showing up in game try deleting the missingdeps.idx file (thanks to Crinrict), the game will regenerate a new one:

Finder > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sim 3 > DCCache > missingdeps.idx

This isn’t a sure fire fix as Origin seems to be causing a lot of issues with the Launcher but it’s worth a try. For more info read Crinrict’s blog post here.

Caspin

Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for suggesting that.

I deleted the folder a while ago, but I just deleted some extra missingdeps.idx items I found still on my computer. It hasn't worked. DV still isn't showing up in 'new game' Frown 

Message 3 of 6 (156 Views)

Hero

Did you try just hit install a few times ? It will tell you it's already installed but this seems to work for some with this issue.

Also do you have a file for the world in your installedWorlds folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (152 Views)

★ Novice

I've tried installing it countless times. It still doesn't seem to be loading.
I have a file "Dragon Valley.world", in the Installed Worlds folder but it shows up as unreadable without an icon. 
Thank you for continuing to try and help me.

Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)

Hero

It does seem to occur on macs more often and those are all the suggestions I have, especially since I don't know macs at all.

One more idea: Did you ever try to install it through the ingame store ?

Also got to ask this: Does it not show up in the list at all or does it show as you need to buy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (138 Views)