[MAC] Disc Authentication failure:Please insert The Sims 3 Into the future before proceeding.

by Hanniii320

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Disc Authentication failure:Please insert The Sims 3 Into the future before proceeding.

★★★★ Novice

Now... This usually happens on a day to day basis.

And I am started to get extreemly frustrated.

Disc Authorization Faliure

No Game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Into the Future disc before proceeding.

I have a Macbook Pro, With mavericks I think. (version 10.9.2)

I have all the requirements for sims but It just wont darn work!

I used to get this when i first put the disc in, Then I would close it and start again and it would be fine...But now it happens EVERY time.

I have cleaned the driver out, cleaned the disc WAY too many times and tried everything e.g letting the intro play fully.

Computer specs:

Processor  2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory  4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

And just too prove the disc is in there: http://imgur.com/bDSEWU0

Someone please help, I have an Lets Play to do! 

Message 1 of 24 (9,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Disc Authentication failure:Please insert The Sims 3 Into the future before proceeding.

Champion (Retired)

What was the location on your hard drive that you chose when you installed the game? It should have made a folder there and all the relevant icons should be there. You mentioned that you can launch the game from the icon in your dock and from within Applications - where exactly do you see it within Applications?

View in thread

Message 10 of 24 (11,223 Views)

All Replies

Re: [MAC] Disc Authentication failure:Please insert The Sims 3 Into the future before proceeding.

Champion (Retired)

Hi

That error is such a pain. If you have already cleaned the disc and checked it for damage, try also to put in other discs just to double-check that the disc drive is working (for example play a music CD or something). Try popping the disc out of the drive, restart the computer, then pop it back in and try again. Usually the game is just being silly and temperamental and it will start working again. However if it persists in this ridiculous behaviour, you could uninstall the disc version of ITF and download the digital version from Origin - this will be free of charge because you can register the game code from your disc version and then you will no longer need the disc to play.

Caspin

Message 2 of 24 (9,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have checked the drive, all fine, restarted and everything and sill no luck Frown

Could you link me to the page where I can get a digital download? I cant seem to find it.

EDIT I have watched the video of how to un install it but I dont have The Sims 3 Uninstalelr on my laptop?

Message 3 of 24 (9,956 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi

The Uninstaller should be in Applications, then in a folder called "The Sims 3", not to be confused with the similarly named folder in Documents.

When you uninstall TS3 games on your Mac using the uninstaller, the game leaves behind stray files and isn't completely removed from your computer. These files may conflict with future installations. It is best to completely remove them. BluebellFlora's website provides a guide on how to do this:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Once you have got rid of the disc version of the installation, here's how to use Origin.

To download and install games through Origin:

First install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there. For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. 

Good luck!

Caspin

Message 4 of 24 (9,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I dont have that folder... Or the uninstaller infact.

When I search it in spotlight nothing comes up either.

Message 5 of 24 (9,949 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Crumbs. Where do you launch the game from - I mean where is the icon for The Sims 3? 

Message 6 of 24 (9,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

On my dock. It is also in Aplications and Launchpad.

Message 7 of 24 (9,918 Views)

Champion (Retired)

OK, to get the shortcut onto your dock, you probably dragged it from its original location in Applications. In Applications the shortcut icons for all the TS3 games that you have installed (the base game and any expansions) should all be inside the folder called The Sims 3. The Uninstaller should be in there as well, along with 'read me' text files and the EULA file. If you can find the base game shortcut in Applications then the Uninstaller should be with it. 

Message 8 of 24 (9,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is all I have: http://imgur.com/k2JJZBE

Im gonna have a look through my other folders and see if I can find anything.

Message 9 of 24 (9,905 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What was the location on your hard drive that you chose when you installed the game? It should have made a folder there and all the relevant icons should be there. You mentioned that you can launch the game from the icon in your dock and from within Applications - where exactly do you see it within Applications?

Message 10 of 24 (11,224 Views)