Lost two expansion packs due to chargeback

by TaintedLove0413

Original Post

Re: Lost two expansion packs due to chargeback

Hero (Retired)

@TaintedLove0413  Check your bank statements. The seller should know when you bought the packs. Your bank should have a record of the transaction. I think I can go back a year (or more) when I go online. You do know who you bought the packs from?

Message 11 of 17 (637 Views)

★★★ Novice
No, I'm not sure. These were birthday presents.
Message 12 of 17 (632 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TaintedLove0413  Someone had to get the codes from somewhere probably in an email they gave you?

Message 13 of 17 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

You wouldn't even imagine what EA did to me, 
First I bought Battlefield 1 directly from origin and not from anywhere else (There's proof to that also). At the time of purchase I was charged twice for that game. By bank transaction history shows 2 transactions of the same amount at the same time. One from EA and the other from POGO games (affiliated to EA). This is clearly a case of fraud. 

So the next thing I do is  contact EA and ask for their help , also in the meantime i contacted my bank. They initiated a chargeback against EA. So after some time EA returned the extra amount that was deducted at the time of purchase, But after a month... My account has been banned ( Reason not given by EA ). And my game is also missing from the library.

I contacted EA help again and they told me that my account has been banned due to the chargeback ( They remove the ban after some time) but the game is still missing. Contacted EA again for the 3rd time an the reply that I get is an automatic generated e-mail stating that I need to repurchase the game from an authorized retailer and then contact accountdisputes. They took the game from me without reviewing my case.

So my money is still with them (which I paid for the game) , But there is no game to play and they are asking me to repurchase it again. This is how they work. Committing fraud and then harassing the customers. 
In the end i would say " well played EA". You took my money , you took my game and gave me nothing.

Message 14 of 17 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@-Sycrance-  As I don't know (and can't research) this issue I can only guess as to what happened. Some vendors do a test purchase to see if the account is valid. Then the vendor will process the sale. The test purchase usually disappears in 24Hr. (sometimes more - sometimes less depending on the bank) as the transaction was reversed but the bank won't reflect this for a banking day. EA didn't return the money - there was a charge back by your bank. As you don't "own" the game - what you pay for is a license to use the software, you have to use the software under the EULA (end user license agreement). What is unknown is was one of the charges a test charge and then did your bank take the second charge or did the bank take both charges? The bank can see (or should be able to see) what transactions are valid in real time so if the test transaction fell off (but may still show) and you asked for a charge back, the bank took the purchase transaction. First is your bank account actually out the money for the game or did the transaction just reverse basically exactly what did the bank do? Then does Origin show the transaction in the order history? So here is how I see it - the first purchase was a test purchase that never would complete which is what vendors due to verify accounts and the bank did a charge back on the real purchase and the out come is you never really paid for the purchase. You (and maybe your bank) need to research the transactions to see what happened and when and if your account is actually out the purchase. Was your account actually charged double? Did your bank do a charge back on both transactions? THEN contact EA at - link - EA let's_talk@ea.com  I have gone through a very similar situation and got an education on how these bank transactions work.  HTH

Message 15 of 17 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the answer, but that was not a test charge. There were 2 debits at the time of purchase and then EA returned half the money later after the chargeback but they took the game also .

Message 16 of 17 (544 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@-Sycrance-  Can you verify which purchase bought what? I'm guessing the EA purchase should show in Origin purchase history and should show what the purchase was including the code. If you check the Pogo purchase does that show a charge back? I don't see where you can purchase sims 3 stuff on Pogo as it refers you back to the Origin store for the actual purchase. Again the only way to settle this is to talk to an EA consultant. That's what it looks like when a test charge is done - one is the test charge and one is the actual charge. As both charges are pending at first the vendor will take back the charge usually within 24hrs. and all you end up with is the actual charge. The charge from EA was probably through Origin and you should be able to see the transaction through Origin purchase history. I just tried Pogo and got directed to Origin for anything sims. You will have to research what the Pogo purchase actually purchased.

Message 17 of 17 (538 Views)