Loosing all my Data, please HELP

by apond220

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loosing all my Data, please HELP

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I recently updated my Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets game with the most resent path. I use a PC. I have no mods on my Sims game and the update patch was directly from the game itself. I went to play today and discovered the game had reset; like I just got a new game. I did not click on anything to reset the game, it happened just from updating it. This is not the first time this has occurred. I looked at the files from Sims on my computer, and under the "saves" file I still found all of my families and family backups. Is there anything I can do to undo this 'reset'? 

Message 1 of 7 (239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loosing all my Data, please HELP

Message 2 of 7 (228 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 7 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This was sort of helpful, but the issue is all of my data is still therein the folders, my families and everything but when I go to play the game it acts as though it's new and has none of this data

Message 3 of 7 (222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll post this in th ehelpers corner to get furthe rhelp for you i am getting too tired to think right now, it be later on or tomorrow when one of the othe rhelpers can get to look at it though...if thats allright with you ?

Message 4 of 7 (217 Views)

Hero

Try searching your hard drive for DCCache to see if there's a second folder and if your computer suddenly decided to run fro there.

You can also try making a new game and save that with a very cryptic name and see in which folder the game saves that into.

Also is it everything or just the savegames that were reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (213 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not sure what fixed it, because I didn't rearange any of the folders or anything, but the game fixed itself orsomething. Problem solved, all of my data is back, thank everyone so much for their help! 

Message 6 of 7 (209 Views)

Hero

Great to hear.

Happy Simming and a happy new year.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (195 Views)