Re: Launcher error "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x

by SHERELL728

Original Post

Launcher error "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x065d0274)

★★★ Novice

Im on a macbook and so far the only thing I have tried is deleting the cache files, but I still get this error whenever Im using the Launcher to download custom content. Any Suggestions (that do not involve deleting the CC)?

Message 1 of 5 (2,559 Views)

Hi @SHERELL728,

Does it happen with every CC you install or only certain items?

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 5 (2,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

This error pops up most of the time now and there are no programs for mac that specify which mods corrupt the game.

Message 3 of 5 (2,535 Views)

@SHERELL728

Does this issue happens when you start a clean game? You can try, to do it:

• Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and drag The Sims 3 folder to the desktop.
  • Start the game, you won't see any content or saved games, but that's because it's on the desktop.
  • Close the game and try to install some CC. Check if the issues persists. Tell me the results in order to proceed Standard smile

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 5 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked, however the new custom content replaced all of my old custom content. Even my old games are gone so will the next step involve getting everything back or am I on my own for that part. Any suggestions are appreciated

Message 5 of 5 (2,512 Views)