Launcher causing many issues with Exchange - please help or i'm done with Sims

by mhtaibi

Original Post

Launcher causing many issues with Exchange - please help or i'm done with Sims

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I have been creating pieces and uploading them to the exchange. I have not installed anything different and I can no longer "upload" anything. It shows as uploaded but will not show up. 

Also my downloaded pieces are not working either. It only shows about half or less of my downloads. They were working at one point in time but they are no longer in my custom sims folder. 

I am getting furious as this is the essential and basic portion of gameplay for me, I have contacted EA and they told me they wouldn't do anything because it was exchange related. This is clearly a game issue that it worked fine and is now randomly glitching out when I haven't changed anything. 

Please help me fix this. There are multitudes of threads online from 2011 with people with the same problem and no solution. It is sad and embarrassing that there has been no resolve to this issue after 3 years.

Thank you for anything that will fix my game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing all my downloads and redownloading. Deleting my custom content and reuploading, nothing has worked. I have also restarted my computer numerous times, forceclosed my application, and logged in and out of everything multiple times. 

Message 1 of 6 (165 Views)

Re: Launcher causing many issues with Exchange - please help or i'm done with Sims

Hero

I can't help with the upload issue. As you say, it's long standing and there's no real solution. It could be that custom content used in the uploads cause this but I'm unsure about it.

As for download. Where does it not show up ? Ingame ? In the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (161 Views)

Re: Launcher causing many issues with Exchange - please help or i'm done with Sims

★★★ Newbie
With the downloads everything shows up in the launcher, but hardly any of them show up in game in my creations folder. They used to, for example I had some wolves downloaded and different dogs and horses. I used them in game with several families and all of the sudden half of everything hat was once there is gone. Also example is I have several cats downloaded and it says "no custom cats found". They are in my launcher as installed and I have installed and deleted and renown loaded everything but the game only seems to pull up a few.
Message 3 of 6 (159 Views)

Hero

Did you try reinstalling them ? Do you have any files in the savedSims folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (155 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yea I've reinstalled them multiple times. I've also tried extracting all saved sims and reput them in but it still isn't working. I've even deleted and redownloaded with no success
Message 5 of 6 (153 Views)

Hero

But you get new files in savedSims after downloading and reinstalling (check the date) ?

Also not sure what you mean by extracting ? What did you extract ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)