Launcher Login Welcome Tab - Cannot Log In

by texansky

Original Post

Re: Launcher Login Welcome Tab - Cannot Log In

★★★ Novice

So after trying numerous suggestions from EA advisors we finally found a solution that worked.  I want to share that with all of you who may encounter this issue now or in the future.  I had to go into my computer settings and reset internet explorer back to its original start date.  This brought my launcher back up and allowed me to download store bought content.  

Good luck!

Message 11 of 30 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem.. haven't reported it yet.  I tried logging in inside the game and it states it doesn't recognize my email and password but I can log in via the website.

I am on Windows 10.  Someone else here suggested resetting Microsoft Edge.  Go to Search or Cortona and type "internet options"; click on the "advanced" tab at the bottom you will see a button "Reset"

Now my launcher works!!! Thanks Folks!!!

Message 12 of 30 (2,058 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I have tried resetting my Internet settings and then re launching the Sims 3 Launcher and it still comes up with the same error.

This has been the same for about a week.

Please can there be a solution.

Thank you

Laura

Message 13 of 30 (938 Views)

★★ Novice

If the internet reset option works for you, fantastic, but it has'nt worked for me and I've tried it atleast 10 times now. The last option I have is that it's a problem on EA's side, as I got back on yesterday with this very same problem at about 3-4pm (GMT) so I think they are tinkering with the servers.

Message 14 of 30 (934 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the SAME ISSUE! and I'm on a custom built gaming pc with high specs... wth x.x

Message 15 of 30 (912 Views)

EA Staff

@Melogore We had some connection issues across EA servers yesterday and today, but these should now be resolved. Do you still have the same issue at the moment?

Message 16 of 30 (901 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I still have the same issue for a few days now!  

I also tried chatting with EA help, but even though it said within five minutes a representative would start chatting - hours later there was no response.  

Also, when I managed to get in (without logging in) the game kept crashing, especially in build/buy mode {which has been happening for several months now}.

I use Origin, I have a PC, Windows 10, Sims 3 with several packs.

What should I do? Please help... Standard smile

Thank you in advance.

Message 17 of 30 (894 Views)

EA Staff

@dawnslight Do you use any mods or custom content? Also could you please post your DxDiag? To post the DxdDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Thank you!

Message 18 of 30 (889 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also started having this problem at about 02:00 am GMT on the 2nd Sept.

I can log in just fine on thesims3.com, and am logged into Origin, but when I try to log in on the launcher, it just asks me to log in again. 

The launcher's welcome page is also showing an html error. 

So either something updated on windows last night that is now blocking the Sims 3 Launcher (I checked my firewall and it's not that, nor is it being blocked by my router), or we're unable to complete the connection between our PCs and the Sims 3 server.

I have attached my DXDiag, but I think maybe a tracert might be more useful, if anyone has the destination IP?

Message 19 of 30 (881 Views)

EA Staff

@Kyberia Do you still have the same issue today? If you do, could you please try the following: 

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

Let us know how you get on!

Message 20 of 30 (867 Views)