Re: Error while updating sims 3

by roberta591

Original Post

Issues updating sims 3

★★ Novice

Hey.. So i was trying to update my sims 3 base game(which is currenty the only game installed) however it keeps showing an error saying disk not found. I have dowloaded the game via origin so i dont know what to do with the disk. This is getting really frustrating. Pls help with the issue. Alo is it neccesary for the game to download before installing everytime? do th files get saved somewhere for computer to recognize and simply intall? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (157 Views)

Error while updating sims 3

★★ Novice

Hey.. So i was trying to update my sims 3 base game(which is currenty the only game installed) however it keeps showing an error saying disk not found. I have dowloaded the game via origin so i dont know what to do with the disk. This is getting really frustrating. Pls help with the issue. Alo is it neccesary for the game to download before installing everytime? do th files get saved somewhere for computer to recognize and simply intall? 

Thanks

Message 2 of 6 (156 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Please don't double post - I've merged your threads for you

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/10/download-version-asks-for-dvd.html

Message 3 of 6 (154 Views)

★★ Novice

hey double posting was by mistake didnt realise sorry about that..

ill try what you said but is it neccesary to download the whole thing again?

Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

There is an option in Origin to save game installers. It is off by default. Be aware the installers are large.

Message 5 of 6 (145 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If the gasme does not automatically patch when opened you may have to download and run the manual super patch.

Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)