Issue purchasing expansions

by Lovebird356

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue purchasing expansions

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am trying to purchase an expansion pack through my origin but every time I proceed to checkout it always fails. It says to either try again or use a different method. I try over and over again and try different cards but it still wont let me purchase any. But I am using prepay cards, I've tried both visa and mastercards. is it possible they no longer accept prepay cards? I have purchase expansions that way before, a year ago. thanks

Message 1 of 4 (410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue purchasing expansions

EA Staff

@Lovebird356 Pre-paid card can be problematic indeed Frown

For Origin to allow a purchase on the card the card needs to be registered (needs to have a name on the card and a registered address). Also the card needs to be enabled for re-occurring and online purchases. Most pre-paid cards sadly do not allow this, but you could check with the cards issuer to see if there is an option to enable it.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (407 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Lovebird356 Pre-paid card can be problematic indeed Frown

For Origin to allow a purchase on the card the card needs to be registered (needs to have a name on the card and a registered address). Also the card needs to be enabled for re-occurring and online purchases. Most pre-paid cards sadly do not allow this, but you could check with the cards issuer to see if there is an option to enable it.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 4 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay. thats what i thought, thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

EA Staff

Anytime!

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any other questions in the future!

Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)