Island Paradise Installation Error

by caitycat87

Original Post

Island Paradise Installation Error

★★★ Newbie

I have the Sims 3 and the World Adventures Pack installed - both from purchased discs. They've played just fine for years. I bought Island Paradise on Origin last night, downloaded it but then got an error when I try to install. "Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup is unable to continue." Even worse, after the attempt to install Island Paradise, what was previously installed would no longer launch. I tried reading different forums and trying different things but nothing worked. I even registered my base game online with Origin just to be sure. I backed up my saved games and uninstalled both the World Adventure expansion and the base Sims 3 game. I also deleted what had downloaded from Origin relating to Island Paradise. I reinstalled both and got all updates and tried installing Island Paradise again but I'm still having the same issue. What can I possibly do differently to make my purchase work?

I'm on a PC with Windows 7. Sims base game is showing as version 1.63.5 and World Adventure is updated to version 2.17.2. Both discs were new when I purchased them. I have plenty of space on my computer and the computer itself is only two years old.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (795 Views)

Re: Island Paradise Installation Error

Hero

Did you clean out your registery when uninstalling the game ? 

If not, try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Are you installing the game to the default path ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (794 Views)