Invalid Serial Code...

by TreanaWadsworth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid Serial Code...

★★★★★ Newbie

I have just pulled out my old Sims 3 game as I am wanting a change from the Sims 4 and it is saying that my serial code has already been used and is invalid... I am just wondering if there is a way of getting a new Serial number or will i have to buy the game again? Frown

Message 1 of 6 (944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invalid Serial Code...

★★ Guide

So, are you saying that when you try to reinstall using the disk and enter the number, you get that message?

What about the Origin launcher? Are you able to reinstall the game through that? Provided you registered your games at Origin/EA, you should be able to just download the game that way without having to enter any number. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,009 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

So, are you saying that when you try to reinstall using the disk and enter the number, you get that message?

What about the Origin launcher? Are you able to reinstall the game through that? Provided you registered your games at Origin/EA, you should be able to just download the game that way without having to enter any number. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,010 Views)

★ Guide

@TreanaWadsworth

@thesims1depot is right, if you had the game installed a while back that is why EA games/Origin would say it is already used. But you should be able to pull it up under your account info (the account name you used when you played the Sims 3 before). If you cannot find it that way, just contact EA support and as long as you can verify that sims 3 game was registered under your account they should be able to help you re-activate it 

Message 3 of 6 (922 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @TreanaWadsworth,

Were you able to download and install your games thanks to the information @Catlee2 and @thesims1depot offered? Standard smile If so, remember to use the 'Accept as solution' button to let everyone know. You can also use the 'Grant XP' button to say 'thank you' for their post to the users that helped you.

Let us know if you still need help Wink

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My serial code seems invalid, I have The original Sims 3, could anyone help me? I wrote the serial code for register my game and it doesn't work! Will I need another serial Code? please!

Message 5 of 6 (662 Views)

@gsandron  If you already registered the code, then you won't be able to input it again, even to the same account.  But the game should appear in your Origin library; you can download it for free from there.  On the other hand, if you bought the disc used, then the original owner might have registered the code, in which case there's unfortunately nothing you can do.  EA doesn't allow codes to be transferred from one account to another.

If the game doesn't appear in your library, make sure you're using the correct account.  If you're not sure which email address you used, you may be able to figure it out—there could still be a file in Downloads inside your old TS3 game folder (the full path is Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads) that is labeled [your email].bin.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact EA customer support to get things sorted out.  It would help to have any proof of purchase or ownership you can find (receipt; photos of disc, case, insert; etc.) on hand for the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (652 Views)