Installing store content fails

by ddaniella

Original Post

Installing store content fails

★★★ Novice

When I install the store content in the launcher i get a message saying that the installation failed and that I need the newest update. I have the latest patch (1.69). I've tried downloading the content (from purchase history) with different browsers. I have reinstalled all my games and even origin. I have deleted the game file cache. I've tried to reinstall and download everything a 100 times. I've chatted with EA game advisor 3 times and they couldn't help me. Done all the troubleshooting stuff, reinstalling everything, repairing the game..

I've checked the sims3launcherlogfile and it's empty.

Nothing works and I don't know what else to do, I really hope someone can help me!

Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)

Re: Installing store content fails

EA Staff

@ddaniella What content are you trying to install? Also just to double check, you have made sure that game is up to date by right clicking the Sims 3 game tile in Origin client and selecting 'Check for Updates', correct?

Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes the game is up to date, 100% sure!

I've tried about 20 different items, most of them freebies. The world Riverview is one of them, and none of them work...

Message 3 of 4 (216 Views)

★★★ Novice

contacted a game advisor once again and he asked me to clear the origin cache, didnt help. This is getting really frustrating...

Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)