Re: i cant find any folders

by jnatasha2086

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installing issues

★ Novice

so, the other day i wanted to play sims 3 and when i did it went to a pitch black screen. and it did that for 2 weeks without me doing anything about it. but now, schools over and im in high school and im bored since its summer i want to play sims and i did the live chat thing with a rep, and they literally need to be fired. they took 10 minutes to respond to EVERY question i made. and then they gave me a link to the patch. which i DID NOT NEED i needed to know why it did the pitch black screen and said that and they said "i provided you with a link to the patch" and eneded the chat. that was rude. and im still pissed. 

ANYWAY.i decided to uninstall and reinstall, and my laptop (windows 7) crashed when it got to the wizard installation thing. it went blue and crashed (stupid pice of **bleep**) and now, origin says i have sims 3 installed but its not located in the computer section of my electronic arts. SIMS 3 ISNT INSTALLED AND ORIGIN THINKS IT IS WTF. so now i cant uninstall because I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO UNINSTALL. and when i put the sims 3 disc in to re install it says auto run but then does nothing because ORIGIN THINKS ITS THERE. what the fruck am i supposed to do. im so agitated., and idk what to freaking do to fix this piece of **bleep** >:I

Message 1 of 6 (215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installing issues

Hero

Try a clean reinstall following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734... where it says Delete game installers

Manually delete everything if above method does not work: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Make sure everything Sims is gone from your computer before reinstalling

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)

All Replies

Re: Installing issues

Hero

Try a clean reinstall following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734... where it says Delete game installers

Manually delete everything if above method does not work: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Make sure everything Sims is gone from your computer before reinstalling

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (218 Views)

I got a new computer -.-

★ Novice

i got a new computer on 6/10/14, and its a windows 8 hp, and when i installed the game it went perfectly fine, and then i installed all of my expansions, i have every single expansion except into the future and showtime. and no stuff packs, anyway i got cc only makeup sims and the stuff i bought on my old laptop from the exchange. monte vista 2 **bleep** hidden springs multitab. and thats all. and a laptop. (a mac by p something) and then when i click install, the thing does what its supposed to the boxes go clear and it gives the red no sign.  but nothing happens! the boxes after about 12 seconds go back to the bold **bleep** they originally have and nothing goes into the installed part of the launcher, i dont wanna bypass cause i want my custom freaking content. >:O and then when i click the play button. IT DOESNT TAKE ME TO THE GAME THE LAUNCHER DISAPEARS AND THEN IT DOESNT GIVE THE ACTUAL GAME TO PLAY. THATS ALL. I. WANT. CC AND SIMS. i have a series i want to make and i cant because it wont work. i saved money for a new lappy so i could make the series on a brand new nice laptop, but this s* it happening, someone help. sorry for the obsene language im so annoyed its not directed towards you just EA ( i know its not my laptop because its 1. brand new, and 2. i had it customed for sims 3 itself. 

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE THIS LAPTOP WAS EXPENSIVE AND SO WERE THE EXPANSIONS. 

Message 3 of 6 (213 Views)

i cant find any folders

★ Novice

okay, so i got a new laptop 2 days ago, and i installed sims 3! it seemed to have worked because i have a launcher, so i continued installation and i put all my expansions, i have every one but into the future and no stuff packs, and then i went online and got some sims 3 cc and things i had purchased, on the launcher now, i have monte vista 2shirts 5 cc makeups 3 cc sims and a pramline sims laptop. thats all! and then i click install and it goes clear, like its supposed to, but then it goes back to bold without giving me the little box to install things, so then i got annoyed and i clicked play W/O my cc, and it wpuldnt! so i went to go look for my ts3.exe folder, and i dont have one, i also dont have a ts3_ or whatever that one is, only one i have it TS3. and i cant play, ive uninstalled all my expansions then the base game, then i re installed and the same thing happened, now a few months ago i got sims 3 university, but it came with an extra sims 3 disk, so i uninstalled everything ONCE AGAIN and used that disk instead, SAME THING. what the heck do i do?!?! im so frustrated because i got this new laptop specifically so that i could make sims 3 videos and lp's and it cost 600$ and now i cant >Frown please help me with what to do im out of ideas here, iff you help me i will seriously be forever grateful to you. thanks os much for reading this far and maybe even helping me :')  <333

Message 4 of 6 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Someone has responded to you in the sims 3 forum. so please use that forum rather than the origin forum. Please see thread below. A helper is waiting for you to respond

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Installing-issues/m-p/2874372

EDIT (crin): @jnatasha2086 Merged all your threads together although they are not really the same since you have a new computer. 

Message 5 of 6 (212 Views)

★ Novice

i asked the contact us to call me and they did and now its fixed :D thank you so much or responding and helping me though <3 if anyone is having the same issue as me and they're reading this, if you have a lot of epansions on origin but you also have discs to install into your game, you need to contact origin and ask them for codes to put the game you have in discs onto your origin so that you dont have 2 seperate folders, if you dont understand what im saying just contact them Standard smile again thank you crin and everyone who responded you guys are awesome <3

Message 6 of 6 (188 Views)