Re: Installing / Downloading Games

by crinrict

Original Post

Installing / Downloading Games

★★★ Newbie

I've had the sims 3 for awhile and when i installed it on my old computer i didnt use origin. I just got a new computer and i went to go download the sims and it asked me to download it on origin and when  I went to put the code it said that the code was already used and its not letting me download the sims.Whenever i put the disk in to install it, it goes to install it with origin. Is there a way i can download it without origin?

Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Installing / Downloading Game -- misposted to AHQ website help forum

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The Sims 3 game has its own dedicated game player forum.  That's where your question belonged, not where you misplaced it. 

Whether Origin existed when you played the game before or not, the game could be registered, and apparently you did register it.  Once that was done, Origin was eventually going to act as though it had been involved all along.  The nature of the Origin System is such that you might as well put the disk aside.  The only easy way to install now is to accept a digital download procedure. 

P. S.  You misused the word "Download" at  least once when the action you referred to is actually called "Installing". Your message, and my reply, have now been moved-to where it belonged.

Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: Installing / Downloading Games

Hero

You can't download without Origin but if you have the pre-september 2012 version of the game, you can install from disc without Origin.

I would uninstall Origni, just put the disc in and install. If you bought the base game after september 2012, you will need to install Origin but you can still install from disc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)