Installation of Sims3

by aaronjsullivan

Original Post

Installation of Sims3

★★ Novice

I recently downloaded the Sims 3 Starter Pack and after downloading it the installer tells me its uring an older version of the sims 3 (1.42.130) and i have a newer version (1.50.56) already installed and i must uninstall the newer version before the installer can run? Its really confusing and Id like to play soon so maybe you could help me? thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (296 Views)

Re: Installation of Sims3

Hero

Did you ever have another version of thesims3 installed on that computer ? Seems there's something on your computer that's sims related

Try a clean reinstall following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734... where it says Delete game installers

Make sure everything Sims is gone from your computer before reinstalling

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (285 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed both of those instructions and restarted my computer even uninstalled origin and reinstalled it and now it doesnt say that anymore but when i run install through origin the setup wiz ops up for only a second then dissapears. even opening the file and running the setup wizard app will only get me through setup for about to screens then it dissapears again. I dont understand what this issue is.

Message 3 of 11 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

DId you try running it as admin ? 

What's your OS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (270 Views)

★★ Novice

Just tried that. I'm running on a laptop, windows 7 stuff. It's gotten to the point that i if want to run setup i have to open the game folders up and find the setup app. it willl no longer do anything if i click install on my origin i knw i can run it ive had the game before on this laptop. I'm usually good with deducing these things but im totally stumped.

Message 5 of 11 (265 Views)

Hero

Did you redownload the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, a couple times

Message 7 of 11 (248 Views)

Hero

If you clean all your files from your computer as well as all the entries in the registery and deleted the _Installer folder with it's content (as suggested in the link I gave earlier) and it still doesn't work, I really don't know what's causing it.

I see if someone else can help you.

Other places to get help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (242 Views)

Hero (Retired)

How much free space on the system drive? The installer is crashing for some reason. Try cleaning the registry with a program like ccleaner from Piriform (there is a free version). Do you know what was installed before?

Message 9 of 11 (238 Views)

★★ Novice

There's plenty of free space about 25 gigs left. But I will run that and check it out.

Message 10 of 11 (236 Views)