Installation directory is invalid?

by chinchngering

Original Post

Installation directory is invalid?

★★★ Newbie

I tried to install Sims 3 but all it is telling me is that my installation directory is invalid and won't let me continue with  my download. Is there any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (4,493 Views)

Re: Installation directory is invalid?

Community Manager

Are you downloading from Origin? If yes, then please check to which directory the program is installing. You can see that here:

Download.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games is the default directory. You can always change the install location by clicking on the "Change..." button. Make sure that you are either an admin or have the rights to write in that directory otherwise the game will not install properly.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did this but the same message is still coming up and not allowing me to download. Help?

Message 3 of 7 (4,275 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Take a look at these:

First link has a variety of stuff suggested - including creating new folders, etc - just read through the posts. 

Second link is to try running Origin as admin

• To do so, close Origin and right-click on the Origin icon and choose Run as Administrator

I would recommend trying the second link - running as admin - before the other one. 

Message 4 of 7 (4,271 Views)

game wont install

★★★ Newbie

when I try to install the sims3 it says game directory is invalid or origin needs to install more files please select yes then nothing happens

Message 5 of 7 (3,947 Views)

sims 3 game installation directory invalid....how do i fix this????

★★★ Newbie

Message 6 of 7 (3,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!!! 

Message 7 of 7 (3,082 Views)