[Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Script Errors on the Launcher

Hero

Yes. Others had issues with this link.

Not sure what's going on. Seems like something is blocking that although it seems strange provided you could download the manual link.

I would contact a game advisor to see if the have an alternative ink

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 207 (2,098 Views)

★★ Novice

I can say, this issue is definitely NOT fixed! I'm having multiple issues with it all.

Message 42 of 207 (2,094 Views)

★ Novice

i have had this problem but also that my sims game wont load to the town fully? which is annoying as i have just downloaded a new expansion pack from origin which costed me a fair bit. any solutions?

Message 43 of 207 (2,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am getting a script error at start up. I am trying to install content from sims store and it will download but nothing happens when I go to install it, also the game wont launch no matter if I choose Yes or No

The scrip error is as follows

\Line: 0

char: 0

Error: Script Error

Code: 0

URL: http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

I have tried uninstall reinstall java

updated flash player

I am running windows 8 64 bit

The computer is band new bought it less then a week ago I checked EI and it said I was up to date.

I have also unistalled Origin and re-installed along with the game and expansions but origin wont let me play any of my other installed games either.

Message 44 of 207 (2,035 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hi there it's reset IE 

link to article on how to and what changes will happen  read it all first http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings 

Message 45 of 207 (2,020 Views)

★★ Novice

reseting EI didnt work either Frown

Message 46 of 207 (2,016 Views)

Hero (Retired)

wait windows8...do you have BitDefender in your computer ?

Message 47 of 207 (2,009 Views)

★★ Novice

yep I do, is it the problem?

Message 48 of 207 (2,008 Views)

Hero (Retired)

it might , be as it as a know conflict with the sims 3 as do some other anti virus programs  need to search around to see what to do BUT what you can do to see if it is BitDefender disable it completely for now disconnect from the internet so as not to leave your system open with out protection see if you can launch your game OH sometimes to you need to run origin as admin the same for the sims3 base game and any expansion pack or stuff pack you have installed for origin  right click the icon run as admin then for the games right click run as admin and also try the capability mode windows 7 restrt th ecompiter for the change to take affect  once the computer us restarted THEN  disable  BitDefender (turn it off ) completely disconnect from the internet so as not to leave your system open with out protection then see if the game will launch

Message 49 of 207 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this problem maybe related to the problem of not being able to log in in the community webpage?

I mean, you can log in once, but when you go to another page on the website you're not shown as logged in anymore.

Then when you try to log in again, it doesn't work.

Because of this problem (I think) I wasn't able to make use of the sale last 3 day's.

Message 50 of 207 (1,998 Views)