Re: [Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

by Silkypoo

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if there are any unwanted consequences to this fix but I was able to stop the errors pretty easily.

Open Internet Explorer and hit the Alt key.

Then click Tools on the menu bar and click Internet Options.

Click the Security tab in the box that pops up.

Then click the red slashed circle icon for Restricted Sites.

Click the button labeled Sites and add the sites giving you trouble into the list. In my case, I added:

*.ru4.com

*.doubleclick.net

Once they show up in the list, click close and then OK out of the Internet Options box.  Open the Sims 3 launcher and the errors are gone.

If anyone spots anything wrong with this solution, please reply to this and warn people. If there's nothing wrong, I'm happy I could help clear this up for people!

Message 191 of 207 (1,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

Great!  How does one do the same for Mozilla Fire Fox?

Message 192 of 207 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought the game on Steam and installed it and a few additional expansions. When I open the launcher, I get the Internet Explorer Script Errors, and when I try to install content or load the game to play, it just turns the screen black and the loading icon spins round and round. When I go into task manager, it says unresponsive, and then I have to log off my computer completely to get it to shut down.

I'm using a brand new PC with Windows 8 64-bit and the latest version of IE.

Any suggestions on getting the game to at least load so I can play it?

Message 193 of 207 (1,338 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same errors and have tried to do as said but nothing works.

Its from Sponsorpay I have issues?

Message 194 of 207 (1,106 Views)

★ Apprentice

I refreshed my laptop and reloaded my games, seems to have worked, all my Simmies came home to me from the cloud and left the nasty notices from sponsorpay er al behind.  Of course, I had to re-install Windows 8.1 as well and now my clock is out of whack, I have other clocks so that isn't pressing.

Message 195 of 207 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the issue as well i just bought the game 2 days ago. its been a problem since day one. but got it takin care of but now it won't pop up and says theres an error acured. i just wanna play my game..... i have a mac book air.

Message 196 of 207 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get this a lot too. I just ignore it and the game seems to play ok still.

Message 197 of 207 (949 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Script Errors on the Launcher

★ Novice

i am having the same error pop up with the on launcher with script error pay sponsor. accept i can't play the game it says not responding, i just bought an expansion pack and now very ticked off i can't play it.

Message 198 of 207 (748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

120 people out of like 300 million people in the world had has this problem.... )= Im unlucky

Message 199 of 207 (618 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Hellapika please download and install the super patch from here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

It sometimes helps Standard smile 

Message 200 of 207 (605 Views)