[Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Script Errors on the Launcher

Hero

I get that too atm. It has to do with indroding the Simpoint Ads worldwide. EA should be working on it.

Could you please make your own thread on the issue that your game does not open ? If you click Yes/No on the script error, you should still be able to play your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 207 (4,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First time posting on here so sorry if i shouldn't be posting in here but i do get an error when loadings Sims 3.

I got a brand new computer a few weeks ago, got round to installing my Sims 3 and all the expansions i have (University, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and Island Paradise) and they were all downloaded/installed to my account via origin and it was working perfectly fine about 2 days ago but everytime i try to play Sims 3 now, it gives me an error: There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details. I would check the log but i have no idea where it is? I'm currently uninstalling all expansions and the base game as i type this in hoping that will fix it.

But if this is a known issue i would like to know and if its because of a problem. Note: As this is a brand new computer it exceeds the requirements to play so its nothing to do with my actual PC.

Edit:I just did some searching on here (which i know i should done first sorry i was having a moment haha) and i found the topic marked

• [FAQ] There was an error during Startup

So i'll go and do those instructions and hope it works afterwards Standard smile

Message 22 of 207 (4,188 Views)

Hero

Please open your own thread if it doesn't help giving us as much info as possible

Here's some guidelines: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Help-us-Helpers-to-Help-you/td-p/255562/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 207 (4,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah that helped re-installing everything from Origin, to Sims 3 and all expansions it all works now. Just unsual that i did all that only 2 days ago and it kept giving me an error since.

Message 24 of 207 (4,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

just started getting the script error that others posted about everything is up to date.  i am running windows 8.1 and ie 11.  this is the sponser pay message i only use launcher to install content from store.  i was able to install items earlier but when i went to install some lots from exchange the message started to pop up. 

resetting ie fixed the script errors.

Message 25 of 207 (4,149 Views)

Hero

For me it's an on and off with the message so I don't think it's related to anything we can do about it.

Did you click on no to see if it also keeps poping up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 207 (4,142 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too, litterally just started. Never had it before. It popped  up when i first opened the launcher, then again when trying to install some content from the store (Farm Fresh Folk Set) and I also had an ''Error while downloading, Please check log for details'' - though I'm not too sure where the log is anyway. 

Message 27 of 207 (4,114 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you're not at 1.67, please update your game.

Manual links can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 207 (4,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Launcher version: 1.67.2.024.002.

Script error. Keeps showing up during game play, very annoying!

Windows 8.1, 64 bits.

IE 11 / Chrome 33.0.1750.154m

Java 7u51.

• What does the Error Part and the URL Part of the message say ?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/y8LlXsH.png 

URL: http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

• What happens if you press Yes/No ?

Game works like nothing happened, but the same script error pops up again shortly.

• What version of Internet Explorer are you using

• Are you using ad-blockers and if so, which one ?

No.

• What country are you in?

Brazil.

Message 29 of 207 (4,096 Views)

Hero

Yeah, this is a known own atm. EA is working on that one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 207 (4,090 Views)