[Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Script Errors on the Launcher

Hero

The message should not affect your ability to play. Press yes or no on the question and start the game

Make your own thread if you stil experience crashing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 171 of 207 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You're right about this script error not affecting game play but why is this error constantly appearing? It's strange that no one knows the answer.

Message 172 of 207 (999 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the problem is with Origin or the Sims 3 store. EA needs to contact Origin and fix this script launcher problem. I only receive a script error when I launch the game through the Sims 3 Game Launcher but it doesn't affect the game. When I first started playing the Sims 3, the game stopped playing a lot. Make sure your game has all the updates. I find the game is more stable when I play without logging on. I deleted hundreds of custom content; changed the resolution and settings in the Options to a lower setting instead of High, and changed in the Security tab of the Featured Items folder, the Write Permission (for my computer) to Deny. Now my computer doesn't receive advertisements in this folder without my permission, and the game runs fine (knock wood). The Sims 3 game (Sims 4 runs better on a laptop) demands a lot of resources from your computer. If I had known this, I would have bought a PC instead of a laptop. Oh, I do notice after two hours of playing, the game slows down a bit but that could be because my laptop is so hot you could fry an egg on it. I usually exit the game and let my laptop cool down before I go back into the game. This is a good time to get your chores done while waiting for your laptop to cool down. I was hoping the Sims 4 would run okay on the computer I'm using now because it seems for every Sims game, I have had to purchase a new computer. I went from XP when I played the Sims 2, to Windows 7 which plays the Sims 2, Sims 3 AND Sims 4. Having a TB of hard drive space probably helps too. 

Message 173 of 207 (998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting this and my came will crash after like 20 minutes of play. I saw that I didn't even have Java installed so I took care of that. I've never had this problem before. Just got 2 new downloaded games, could that be the issue?

Message 174 of 207 (967 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also been having the same error. I have uninstalled all my games, reinstalled them, have no CC, cleared out all my temp files and browsing history and I, too, am STILL getting the http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js error. I have more than enough memory and the game was working great until the past month or so. I have also installed the latest version of Java and my husband (a tech guru himself) has made sure everything else is up to date and I still can't play my game for more than 15 minutes or so before the game completely freezes (or crashes). What happened? And what can we all do that helps with this problem? Help.  

Message 175 of 207 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same damn riverview messed me up

Message 176 of 207 (889 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still getting the message.

Message 177 of 207 (833 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems as though this is still going on. I have many things I still need to update. Possibly that is my problem, thanks for your input.

Message 178 of 207 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it hasn't been fixed im using chrome

@crinrict wrote:

According to EA, the sponserpay error should have been fixed earlier today.

Could people that had the issue verify for me if it's gone now ?

Make sure to restart your launcher, maybe even your computer and Origin.

Message 179 of 207 (818 Views)

Re: [Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

★ Novice

I think it should be fairly obvious by now that the issue still stands, and is entirely different from the one you have posted assistance on. We are all getting a script error that is entirely different from the one you posted an image on, as it has "http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js" in the url section. We have all followed your suggestions, and everything on my computer is up to date and running smoothly; my only problem is that the script error keeps popping up. Please fix this issue, as I have invested a great deal of money into Sims 3 and multiple expansion packs, and would like to be able to play my game. I expect speedy resolution to this issue, as I (and all of us) are paying customers. We pay you, not the other way around. Stop asking us if we followed the suggestions and fix the error! There are numerous pages of people stating the error still occurs after following the suggestions. It shouldn't be too hard for you to see that your game has broken and needs to be repaired.

Message 180 of 207 (667 Views)