Re: In-game "New User Registration"

by Aidrala

Original Post

In-game "New User Registration"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

A month or so ago I purchased the base sims 3 game, upon loading I was asked to register my account which I did with the serial key provided.  The game then took me directly back to the login and upon providing the information that I just used to register was taken back to the "new user registration" page where it would not take my key (as I just used it on my account) and would not log me in with the account I just registered.

I did receive an email welcoming me to the sims community which shows that the account did get registered, but gave up for the night.  The next day the same issue was continuing and I did not have the desire to deal with support.

Now a month later I'm bored and looking to fix the issue, so I contact support and they provide me with another serial key to register on the web site (which also gives me issues potentially related where every page that requires a login forces me to login without going back to the page, putting me in an endless loop).  I register the new key and get a confirmation, assume I'm good and end the live chat.  Then going to the game I try and use the exact same information and still get taken directly to the "new user registration" page.

On this page, it states that the serial key is not required to continue registration and if I leave this blank simply get an "oops" error.  If I use either serial key I currently have get an 'invalid serial key" message.

Contacting support for a 2nd time I am informated that my key was infact connect to the email I was using, and that I was being show as logged in.  The agent then used remote desktop to try and see the issue because they could not understand what the issue was and I was then told to simply update the launcher, but the first thing I did was an uninstall and clean install/update from Origin.

TL : DR

Invalid serial key, support gave new key that confirmed registration on site.

In-game login takes me to "new user registration" still with same email.

Support no help a 2nd time.

Message 1 of 8 (9,899 Views)

Hero

Did you ever clean your IE browser cache ? Is Java, flash player, .net and windows up-to-date ? Nothing blocking the connection to EA, like Anti Virus and Firewall ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (9,865 Views)

★ Novice

Cleared my cache, deleted cooking, updated java/flash/.net, anti virus turned off to test, firewall disabled, and still nothing but the new user registration page.

Message 3 of 8 (9,857 Views)

Hero

really no idea what's up with that. Sorry

Maybe someone else can help-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (9,852 Views)

★ Novice

That's what I seem to be getting from everyone, even support.  If I end up playing it will probably just be without the online features and my time will most likely be consumed by SimCity anyways.  Thanks for the help trying though.

Message 5 of 8 (9,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey folks. Seeing as this seems to be a widespread issue, thought I'd post this solution.

Go to thesims3.com. Login with the email and password you have already chosen. Then go and click "MyPage" and it should take you to the "New User Registration' page, just as the game did, only you'll actually be able to complete it. Problem solved. Hope this helps!

Jay

Message 6 of 8 (9,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried it on the website too and still not working. I enter everything and hit register and it basically just refreshes the page. Junk and waste of money. Not pleased at all. 

Message 7 of 8 (6,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked for me. When i started the game before logging in on thesims3.com I also had a blank page for the new user registration, but then i logged in without closing the game, did the new user registration at the site, entered the game again, closed down the window and then tried logging in again in-game and it worked. 

Message 8 of 8 (6,124 Views)