If I have the Sims 3 base game on origin can I buy expansion packs on Steam?

by CuddleBear5245

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I have the Sims 3 base game on origin can I buy expansion packs on Steam?

★★★ Newbie

So someone bought me a steam wallet card and I wanted to buy some sims expansion packs with it, but when I tried to it said I had to buy the sims 3 base game, which I already have on Origin. So I'm wondering if I can somehow make this work, or if I should buy a different game.

Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: If I have the Sims 3 base game on origin can I buy expansion packs on Steam?

Hero (Retired)

the steam versions of the games only work with steam that's just the way steam works with the sims 3 if you have the base game there then the expansion and or stuff pack must be from there if you buy an expansion pack or stuff there then steam will want the base game there it is in the item description on steam

unfortunately  steam will not work origin or disks , only origin and disks work together

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (285 Views)

All Replies

Re: If I have the Sims 3 base game on origin can I buy expansion packs on Steam?

Hero (Retired)

the steam versions of the games only work with steam that's just the way steam works with the sims 3 if you have the base game there then the expansion and or stuff pack must be from there if you buy an expansion pack or stuff there then steam will want the base game there it is in the item description on steam

unfortunately  steam will not work origin or disks , only origin and disks work together

Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)