[INFORMATION] Registering on Sims 3 Page is not working

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[INFORMATION] Registering on Sims 3 Page is not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

EDIT

The Issue should be fixed now. Please make your own thread if you still have issues

Hi guys,

at the moment, there's an issue with registering at thesims3.com. The EA Team is aware of the issue and looking into it. There's nothing that can be done at the moment.

Please be patient.

If you have this issue, please post in this thread and please provide the following info

• What are you trying to do (register new account, register a new game to existing account) ?
  • What browser are you using/ did you try ?
  • What are the symptoms you're seeing ?

Thanks.

I'll be merging all threads on the issue into this one so the Gurus have one address to go to.

Edit Ursula: 

TheSims3.com website login is down.

We're aware of an issue that causes The Sims 3 website to loop at the log-in when you try to create/register a new account. Our team is working to correct this as soon as possible so that you can access your TheSims3.com account normally.

websitedown.JPG alert.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 89 (20,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP!!!!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Issue should be solved.

Can you guys try again.

Should you still have the issue, please clear your browser cache or try a different browser.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 89 (7,764 Views)

All Replies

Can't create account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to register for Sims 3 and every last one of my emails is "already tied" to an account. I have not made ANY accounts with ANY of my email addresses. I even tried "**bleep**this @ fake.com' and it still said, "Welcome back! It looks like you already have an account tied with the email you entered. Please login or retrieve your password below."

In order to even post this question, I just tried to login in to EA with my facebook account, and it still made me do the whole sign up, and then I had to create an account with Origin too, which wanted a complicated password, my birthday, a security question, a captcha code, and terms and conditions. 

I then tried to log into Sims 3 with my new Origin account, and it gave me the same message, even though the password was correct.

I then clicked "forgot my password" which took me to my profile where I had to ENTER MY PASSWORD in order to change my password. So I tried changed my password to the exact same thing and it said my new password did not meet the requirements.

After that, I tried "logging in" with my new origin account, and it worked, until I had to get to the 'registration' part. For a minute, I thought I'd won, but I was fooled.

How the hell do I make an account with thesims3.com?

Message 12 of 89 (20,414 Views)

Re: Can't create account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's taken me an hour and a half to do all this, and still no account.

Message 13 of 89 (20,411 Views)

Re: Can't create account

Hero

Yes, it seems there's an error with the page. 

Let me find out more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 89 (20,404 Views)

Creating a Sims Account

★★★ Novice

So, I've got Sims 3 and a slew of expansions I'd like to register with Origin.  Origin tells me to go Website.  I go to Create an Account.  It tells me it looks like I already have an account, and to log in.  Okay.  I click Log-In.  It takes my Origin Email and PWD. I get the first screen.  Pick a Screen Name and agree to the EA Terms and Guidelines.  Hit next.. ...and it brings me right back to that first "Enter your Origin Email" page.  And around and around it goes.  Any fixes to this weird behavior?

Message 7 of 89 (20,547 Views)

Re: Creating a Sims Account

Hero

Seems quite a few people are having this issue atm.

I'll check with the CM if they know anything.

Meanwhile, try a different browser.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 89 (20,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried Chrome and IE10.  No good.  Same loop.  

Message 9 of 89 (20,537 Views)

Hero
Try a customer support game advisor to see if they know anything

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 11 of 89 (20,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Game Advisor said "multiple people are having the problem" and to "try later."  

Message 16 of 89 (20,405 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

Merging all thread on the issue together so that the gurus have one address to go to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 89 (20,396 Views)