IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: SIMS 3 GAME PROBLEM

by designergirl96

Original Post

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: SIMS 3 GAME PROBLEM

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA Games,

I have been playing Sims 3 and without any problems for as long as I remember. The last two expansion packs that I recently bought were from Origin (downloaded). After I downloaded them, I didn't have any issues, but yesterday when I was playing, my game glitched. I have the World Adventures expansion pack and I was playing with the 'China' part of it. In one of the lots, (the 'Hot Springs' lot) the characters would sink below the foundation instead of walking on the floor of the lot normally. They would sink under and I'd have to remove them one by one. I tried to bulldoze the lot but it wouldn't let me. There was a message that said, "I can only edit this lot with a cheat code only." I tried looking for the cheat, but to no avail. There has to be way to get rid of that lot. Please help me. 

- Designergirl96

Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: SIMS 3 GAME PROBLEM

★★★ Newbie

I've had similar issues in other aspects of the game.

You can use the cheat code-  reset sim firstname secondname  

but I'm not sure how it works when they aren't in their home world, i don't know if it will send them home or just to base camp.

The cheat code for unlocking  lots has three steps

first enter-   testingcheatsenabled true

then enter-   enablelotlocking true

then click on the lot and there will be a small pad lock symbol, click that, then your lot should be unlocked

I hope that helps. I find YouTube videos helpful when I'm looking for cheat codes etc. 

Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)