Re: I want to play the sims 3

by rumbutter

Original Post

I want to play the sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I own the sims 3 and a couple of the expansion packs and I enjoy the game quite a bit.  However, in a momentary lapse of judgement, I placed my laptop on a table under my bed (it's a loft).  This would usually not be such a bad decision.  Unfortunately though, that was the day my reading light decided that it didn't need its weighted base to survive.  The weight landed on my laptop (which thankfully survived, although it now has a dent in the top and a dent in the bottom somehow).  Now I cannot use my DVD drive.  I plan to get an external one eventually but still wish to play the sims.  Is there a way to do this without getting the DVD drive to work first?  The game is already installed on my computer and I acquired it legally but I have no idea how to deal with this.

Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you can help me

Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: I want to play the sims 3

Hero (Retired)

you could probably  just uninstall the disk version of the one you use to play the game with for example say you play from the seasons expansion pack uninstall that from the control panel then manually search for left over files and registry keys then if you have origin downloaded to your laptop then log into origin from the desktop with your email and password you use for your account then right click the game icon-download

just need to know which pack so i can post how to manually uninstall and if your lap top is a mac as the uninstall may be done slightly different on a mac and or can ask our mac player/helper to assit you if your on a mac

Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)