Re: I need serious help

by crinrict

Original Post

I need serious help

★ Novice

So I done effed up. Let me start off with saying I have Supernatural, Generations, University, mods and cc. I have had them for months or up to a year. I had my sims move to a new town. I forgot how that worked. So when they stopped driving their cab on the same town, I had thought the game glitched so I bought a property for them to live temp. RIGHt as I do that, it went to the loading screen showing them moving to a new town. I was like "Oh ok, they had to meet up and walk to their new town." So I played the game for hours as usual. Go to bed, reboot and it's not there anymore. My save is gone and all the others are corrupted. Rivertown is gone. All my CC is gone. Everything that didn't come from the main game is gone. When I look at the files, everything is still there. What do I do?

Keep in mind I have tried numerous things already like renaming backup files. I really need help. I'm fine with losing my legacy family but I NEED my custom hairs, skins, houses and mods to work.

Please, please, please help.

Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

What world did you play in ? If you played in Riverview and Riverview is not showing up anymore, the savegames saved in it won't either.

Did you by accident turn of cc in the launcher ?

Do you still have files in the DCCache folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

★ Novice

I have windows 8

I played in Riverview. I re-downloaded it, checked in the worlds folder and it's still there, but it won't show up anymore.

Run without custom content is unchecked

only one; missingdeps

So I have two copies of sims 3 folders. One back up one not. So I copied everything from the DCbackup and I have half of my custom content back but the rest is completely gone and that's a lot to redownload.

Like I said, I'm ok with letting my saved games go, I just want all of my CC back. Oh and my mods work now too. 

Just thank you so so so much for helping me. Even if you can't, i really appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)

Hero

Did you move the stuff stuff back the folder backed up DCCache ? DCBackup doesn't really do much. If there's no file in DCCache, that's the reasons why nothing is showing up.

Do you also not have any files in the saves folder ? If so, I would consider searching your hard drive to see if the folder got moved accidentally. Search for the name of your savegame.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)