Re: I had a game Registered to an account that I had forgotten, how do I recover

by roberta591

Original Post

I had a game Registered to an account that I had forgotten, how do I recover it?

★★★ Newbie

So over around 5 or more years ago I had gotten a game known as The Sims 3 (Physical Copy), I had it registered to an origin account that I didn't think i'd ever use it.

So fast forward to the present day and I got the old physical copy with it's intended Game Code in it and decided to play it one day, so here's the problem: I forgot every information about the account including the E-Mail.

I tried going to support about it yet they said I needed the email to confirm the account, yet I forgot the E-Mail. I got the associated game code that the Physical Copy came with yet it's not enough proof to recover the old account!

I don't know what to do... Any help or suggestions?

Message 1 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: I had a game Registered to an account that I had forgotten, how do I recover

Hero (Retired)

@PatrickHawkXD The image on the physical dvd is generic and is out of date. The code that came with the disc is locked to the account you used to activate the game. User accounts can not be accessed in these forums. You need to contact EA customer support to sort out this issue. EA customer support - link - EA customer support

Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @PatrickHawkXD,

As @roberta591 explained, once the game is registered, it is associated to that EA account.

I understand that you don't remember the email address, but is there any chance you remember your user ID? In that case, you could use it also to reset your account. Standard smile

Another option would be introducing all the email addresses you remember, until you get an email in one of them.

I hope you get to remember your account information,

-Mai

Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)