Re: I can't save my sims 3 game!

by crocosaur83

Original Post

I can't save my sims 3 game!

★★★ Newbie

I have the sims 3 on my macbook and saving has never been a problem before but these last couple of days when I click save or save as, the saving sceen stays there forever like its frozen so I have to turn my computer off.  It would be awesome if someone could help me out thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (5,993 Views)

Hero

Can you try if you have this issue in all your save games or only in one ? Start a new one to see if it happens there too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (5,944 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I've had the exact same problem as well and it's starting to grate on my nerves a bit.  Any tips or advice on how to remedy this would be most helpful!

Message 3 of 8 (5,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im  having the exact same problem. I wait for 5 min and then I have to reset it. Frozen. 
Now I cant play with the sims anymore Confusedmileysad:  Please help?

Message 4 of 8 (5,786 Views)

★ Apprentice

I play on a macook to and my game does this when I try to save.

What I do is that I let it be there for a while, and when I´m tired of looking at it I press "CMD+SHIFT" and it minimizes the game so that you get back to your screensaver.

Then I "force quit" and most of the times when I go back to play the game it has saved.

I recommend you start up your game and changes the hairstyle of a sim or just do a minor change in your active game and then try to use "CMD+SHIFT"

Message 5 of 8 (5,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a similar trick for a Windows-based computer?

Message 6 of 8 (5,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this same problem. I fixed it by deleting my cache files and reloading the game. There is a step by step on the SimsWiki.

Message 7 of 8 (5,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've found that on windows if you have any cheats other than the cash cheats, the saving screen will be forever. But my issue is, is there a way to stop the saving process so that i can undo the cheats???

Message 8 of 8 (2,317 Views)